Anger surged through me, causing me to pull against the straps. I felt heat behind my eyes, but I forced it down. Taking in a deep breath, I stared at him.

"How do I stop it?" I asked, "Since I am the 'central body' then can't I control them?"

Grimes shrugged softly, "Possibly, but it is still in experiment phase. I can't really give you a specific way to help."

There were more screams echoing from outside. 

With everything happening, I had to do something. If it was my fault they were out there, then I have to be the one to get them away.

"Ashley, let me go." I looked up to her, "Please."

"But what if you-" Ashley stopped herself from speaking, but I could tell that she was about to end that sentence with lose control.

I nodded, "I know. I know. But I'll be okay. I promise."

Hesitantly, Ashley came to me and undid the straps. I rubbed my wrists, slight burns reddening my skin. I got to my feet, feeling the cold tile on my skin. Ashley took my arm and helped me up as I wobbled softly. After laying down for so long, it was hard to stand and walk on my own.

"I'll be alright." I patted her hand, "I promise. I-I need to go before people get hurt. More."

Ashley took off the leather jacket and handed it to me. I shrugged it on with a smile and brought her in for a kiss. Her heart was beating quick, pounding against me. I could almost hear it.

"Young love." Grimes sighed blissfully, "So promising."

I ignored his comment while pulling away from her and nodding to her with a smile, "I love you."

Ashley nodded back, "I love you."

With another quick kiss, I turned to Grimes and pointed to his face, "Fuck. You."

Then I left the hospital room. My pace picked up as I went down the hallway. Many of the staff members gave me sideways glances, but didn't dare stop me. I weaved around people to get to the stairwell. Throwing the door open, I gripped the railing and threw myself over it. My hands caught the next floor's railing and I couldn't help but chuckle in disbelief.

Gotta hand it to Grimes, these abilities are pretty bomb-ass.

I kept hopping down, gripping the railing and pushing off to the next one each time. My feet hit the ground and I pulled open the door for the first floor lobby. The staff of the hospital were running around rapidly with different patients, getting them away from the windows and doors. Some able-bodied people stood at the doors, guns at the ready.

Getting to the doors, I could see all that was happening. People were fighting with the infected with both guns and melee weapons. There were too many to count and more coming from the barrier. 

"Open the doors." I said to a man blocking the doors.

He looked at me, startled. His eyes went over my form, confused. Realization dawned in his eyes. He quickly unlocked the chains around the doors and took them off. Waving his hands to the doors, he nodded to me.

"Thank you." I said to him and pushed out into the cold.

My breath fogged out in front of me as I looked around the lot. There were some familiar faces, but I couldn't see Steve or Thor. In front of me, there was a woman who was struggling with an infected woman grabbing her rifle. I marched up to it and pulled it off of her.

"Stop!" I yelled at it, "Go! Now!"

The infected woman stared at me for a moment before turning and walking back towards the broken barrier. I turned to the woman, who stared at me in disbelief. She then quickly nodded before raising her rifle and firing off a few rounds at more infected.