Mysterious Partner

Start from the beginning

Though a breath, that ended in a quivering cut off, as the sudden rush of relief changed, as quickly as it came into a tense seriousness..

For this certain and faithful continuous beating against her blood-dyed, cooled finger tips were too faint, much too weak for a normal person to be normal..

And fading - lightening - disappearing with each and every inaudible, rhythmic pulse .

That along its daring disappearing, made her breath each time cut short and tremble under the cool and dirty air it would breeze through her dry lungs..

But wouldn't stop, it would come and come again, each time it would vanish under the faint force, she kept on holding against his artery...

Though for how long?...

A bare look at the increasing, scarlet pool of blood dyeing the dust on the freezing, metal-floor all around her, was enough to tell, that she had only hesitantly taken, with her tense gaze, so with it slowly removed her pair of blood-dipped fingers away from his paling-cold throat.
Only to slip those, in a smooth movement of her shaking hand, and straight away, without any thought of hesitation, into her small leather pocket, she had carried with her the entire time and which hang loosely attached at her brown, as well leather belt around the waistline of her trouser, to not long later, hastily pull out a small metallic devise or how its called in the rough days of the 21st century, a prepaid handy..

On which her right thumb almost automatically and instantly tipped on the only number, she had once, not long ago, saved on it, and lifted it, right instantly, up to her ear, whilst she kept her eyes stiffly fixed at Sanguine, so the Killers cool, fragile figure held close to her.

As one more time an awfully-stretching waiting time, followed along the echoing beeping sounds of her small, oh.. so metallic-cold.. phone.

Beep.... Beep

Beep.... Be-

Though to her very luck, the uncomfortable silence didn't last long, as already by the fourth gut-wrenching beeping-noise it got cut off and replaced by a velvet, deep, male voice coming from the other side of the phone, „Valkyrie? "

A so familiar, soft and gentle voice, that made her instantly exhale a shaky laboured breath, with the first syllable she heard his comforting tone, so unknowingly slightly tremble even more, as she just now recognized that her teeth had been impatiently chattering, the whole time between the almost four vibrating noises of the phone.

That was until, they had stopped and Valkyrie instantly let her felt-numb mouth speak up, once the other man's voice had dulled down again „ H-Hey... C-could y-you come? .. p-please! .... it's about his son.... I found him... " she desperately tried not to stutter and wasn't even finished, when the other voice, already shrilled through her ear-drums again, though with a pinch of worry, not even he could hide„... Wait you found... You found Billy... - Hell, is he alright!?

.. alright...
Is he alright?..

No words could ever describe the pain, she just felt with these few innocent letters. It was like a truck loaded with thousand of heavy drums, filled with this swallowing, cold darkness rolling mercylessly over her.
For she knew the answer to this single Question, she wished to not know, by the bare touch of her own arms and hands, so well..
Words, thousand of different words could have escaped her mouth, whilst the last fragments of this one question kept on hollowing itself endlessly through her mind..

Over and over again..

... , though non would have escaped her dry lungs, the moment she had opened her mute mouth...