Today

That day everything has changed.

Tanith had been a great loss for the Sanctuary, so Valkyrie and even for Sanguine.

For it wasn't unknown, that over the long time the remnant had still been inside of her, they were in love and even wanted to get married.
But as fate wanted, Darquesse had brutally ripped the remnant out of her fragile throat and every little distinction of these wonderful memories, were noting more, but confusing memory pieces of a past she never had.
Hence despite knowing she probably didn't remember anything of the close bond they had once shared, he swore to protect her in these awful times laying infront them...

At least he though she didn't remember, but fragment for fragment even slight memories puzzled themselves together infront of her eyes.

Having led her to the deciding moment, where she knew, that she, for once in her life, would have to make a life or death decision.
Having chosen death, the moment she saw it radiating, having realized, that she even now truly loved him, the moment she ran and saved the person, who swore to protect her, leaving him to mourn alone.

If not even driving him into self Depression. Making him disappeared from humans eyes, almost... no, instantly after Devastation Day.

Forever...

No one knew where he was, Dusk didn't, Saracen and Dexter Vex didn't, the Monster hunters and Fletcher didn't, Valkyrie didn't.

At first the Sanctuary, so everyone else highly assumed, that he had died at the side of Tanith, even if they had never found a body or a trace that could prove his death, but when an English Detective saw him wandering around the streets and pubs of London, almost two years after, that changed..

..

Now everyone, especially a certain Detective, going by the name Valkyrie Cain was following every so little trace and evidence to find.

Easier said as done!

Because of his rare earth ability to travel through any kind of material, he vanished from people's eyes, most of the time one of them were close on finding him.

Dusk had made the first and almost got him in his homeland Texas, the second time Omen Darkly almost got him in Berlin and 3 years after, Frightening almost got him in London.

But in vain. Everytime he fled.

And everytime, only they noticed, that something was very off, for with each time the three of them were close enough, to at least be able to see him, he looked more and more pale and weak.
Which not only concerned her, but everyone of her little brought together team of sorcerers.
Turning their task to find the scarred lover, more like in a desperate urge to prevent something tragic from happen.
So urgently that they wasted no more time to, once more, pull all their willpower together and puzzle everything they have already found - connections, sightings, thoughts - for the fourth and probably last time together to waste one more desperate  attempt on finding his lost son.

Until today...