Chapter 37

Adam struggled to get up due to the throbbing pain that pulsed throw his head. Glaring up at Claire, he rose up and was about to lunge himself towards her once more; but unfortunately for him, he no longer had the upper hand. Kagekao finally had the wonderful pleasure of  taking a hold of Adam as he lunged at him in animalistic way. Claire screamed at the sudden attack, but took several steps back as to not risk getting abducted again or getting hurt.

She watched as Adam tried to get the demon off him, but the supernatural being was far too strong for him. Although, somehow, he managed to hit Kagekao in the face, making his mask go off. The demon at that stunt snarled at him as his greyish skin was now visible. His eyes and face had dark veins furiously 'decorating' his form; some looked like they were about to pop; Kagekao's teeth were basically white razors, as he growled at his opponent. 

<<This..>> Adam began. <<THIS, IS WHAT, you fell in love with? This MONSTER?>> The boy yelled in frustration looking at Claire. But the girl was quick to retort back. <<I told you once and I'll tell you for the last time Adam. The only monster here is you.>> 

Adam was about to comment back when Kagekao interrupted him by lunging at him once more, clawing at his entire chest.

<<Focus on me brat. I'm the one you should be worried about. And I wouldn't even look her way if I were you scum.>> The demon said as pure disgust laced his voice. 

<<Do you really think she will love you? A demon? C'mon man. She has you wrapped around her tiny little finger! You couldn't even make a move on me when I had that gun pointed at her head!!>> Kagekao growled at the boy in response. Yet; he could not help the slight, stinging in his heart.

Was that really how things were? 

He shook his head. Of course not. Him and Claire had been through a lot together, and it took them a lot of time to build up their relationship. He was no God for sure. But his senses were still higher than the one's of a regular human.And he knew Claire was basically an angel in human form. She would never betray him. Never.  

The demon no longer held a battle stance as he straightened his back, closed his eyes as he turned his head side to side, popping sounds were heard from his cracking bones. He sighed deeply and soon opened his eyes, staring down at Adam with the most sinister, evil, eery and menacing, wide grin he has ever shown to any human at all. The boys features, no longer held those daring eyes, and his determination seemed to dissipate immediately, like fire when thrown a bucket of water, leaving nothing but smoke. He visibly shook, his eyes widened in fear, as he began to feel his knees buckling together.

Why did he have a bad feeling? Why did he suddenly feel like running but couldn't? He did NOT like the way Kagekao stared at him, and Adam wished that the cursed demon had his mask back on to prevent seeing his demonic face.

The demon placed his index finger in front of his lips, as if to signal the boy to refrain from screaming. Kagekao then looked at Claire and...his features were normal? No menacing veins, no shark like teeth...the usual playfully,mischievous Kagekao she had always known.

He made his way towards her and cupped her cheek. Leaning down he kissed her lovingly and when their lips parted, he looked into her eyes and spoke.

<<Kitty..>>. He said using the usual pet name, which made the female's heart to swell, and warm up within her; her eyes drifting to his lips. Seeing her reaction, the demon was very pleased, knowing that only he had such effect upon her.<<..I want you to turn away and block you ears.  An angel like you, should never witness death, or any bloody massacre as what I am about to do. Am I clear?>>. The girl only nodded in response as she did what she was requested to do. The male standing beside her brushed aside a few strands of her hair to be able to deliver one last kiss upon her neck, sending a shiver down her spine, before turning away and facing Adam.

Making his way to the boy, he flared his claws, and all of a sudden, a guttural and animalistic...no; Demonic, growl emanated from his being, as he continued to crack his bones only by bending a few limbs. The demon, went on all four limbs, head cracking in continuation, coal colored blood, oozing from his eyes and mouth....and then...

Screams.

Now the poor female who stood there, kept on hearing the most gruesome sounds, she has never heard in her enter life. With this information, one might think that she was dying of fear. Which she probably would have..but oddly, she wasn't. Sure she did feel very uncomfortable, and she started to feel bad for Adam; but she knew she should not interfere. After all, the boy had lost his mind, and if he was left to roam around freely, who knew what he could have done. Especially to her.

If there was one human being that has every tortured her life, and made her feel utterly uncomfortable; that was Adam. 

But soon the female began to hear laughter.

<<何が間違っている人間?!(What's wrong human?!) >> She heard Kagekao say. <<もう動けないの?(Can't move anymore?)>> The being said mockingly.<<哀れ(Pathetic)>>. 

Kagekao was about to deliver the final blow when he heard the most delicate voice ring in his ears.

<<Kage?..>>. At that, he halted in what he was doing. He turned around and saw that Claire was still looking away like he head instructed, but he could tell that she was uncomfortable. He sighed and walked over to her, hugging her. <<大丈夫。。うちに帰りましょう.(Alright... let's go back home.)>> By now, the demon had retrieved his mask, and placed an arm around his female's waist as they were bout to leave the clearing; but were stopped by the very frail voice of Adam.

<<You can't hide for ever....>> He croaked out. <<I will find you again..I can't die yet.>> The boy began to cough up blood, but that did not prevent him from chuckling. <<You can't hide Claire. You can't. You can't. You can't....>> The cursed boy began to laugh, weakly, but his voice rising higher by the minute, and right when Kagekao was about to silence him...

BANG.

The laughter stopped. Adam no longer breathing. The gun that Claire held, pointed towards the now dead body; and a pregnant silence falling upon the clearing.

The demon was frozen to his spot, as he stared at the girl in disbelief. But it wasn't long till he had to catch her form, from dropping to the ground as she began to sob uncontrollably. The demon male, held her close to his chest as he began to comfort her.

<<It's alright Claire...It's over now.>>