Chapter Eleven

Once told about what Ren witnessed and endured, Yuuki spent a full ten minutes talking a little too excitedly about all of his information on the insane students. Ren sipped his coffee with a bored expression as he listened to Yuuki talk, a little worried about how loud the other boy's voice was; he didn't want everyone in the library to hear this.

    "I bet you it's a disease! It starts with the itching and hot flashes, then there's constant rage, then sometimes there's hallucinations and thoughts of self harm—what do you think the high of the disease is? Oooh, what if it's contagious? We should—!"

   "Can I please say something?" Ren cut in.

    "What, what?"

    "I don't think you can call it a disease, these people could just be reacting to the chemicals they were in contact with. Maybe it'll wear off after a while...?"

    "Hmmm..." Yuuki rubbed his chin. "I get what you're saying! We need a sample of that chemical!"

    "What the fuck—"

    Yuuki stood up with a big grin on his face.

    "Tonight, me and you get into the lab and find the chemical, I bet I can figure out what all was in it! Then maybe we can make the insane students well again!"

    Ren put a hand over Yuuki's mouth. "Keep your fucking voice down! We are not doing that! It could get us both in trouble, maybe even expelled! I do not want my mother to kick my ass for—augh!"

    Ren pulled his hand back, saliva covering his palm. Yuuki rubbed his mouth with his sleeve.

    "What the hell, that's disgusting!" Ren exclaimed, quickly grabbing a napkin.

    "Don't put your hand on my mouth, then,"

    "Shut up, Mishima!" Ren stood up, "Look, do what you want, I don't care. I have somewhere to be tonight anyway."

    "Your loss. I'll be sure to report back to you!"

    Ren rolled his eyes and left the library. Now, he liked Yuuki, he really did, but sometimes he couldn't stand that boy's over excitement. For the time being, Ren went back to his dorm. Morgana greeted him with a bunch of unhappy whines. Ren picked the cat up and cradled him.

    "What's the matter? Are you angry because I left you alone for a few hours?"

    "Mrrroooowwwoooowwww!"

     "I'm sorry, you're right, you're more important than my issues."

    "Mrrrooooooowwww!"

    Ren set Morgana down to get some food for the cat. A few minutes later, Ann came kicking in the door, startling Ren when he was lying on his bunk.

    "Heyyy Ren!"

   "Hi, Ann..."

   "Oh! Who's this baby?" Ann sat beside Morgana to pet him. He purred and nuzzled her.

   "That's Morgana. Looks like you're the only person he doesn't hate," Ren cracked a grin.

    "Awww! Isn't that sweet?" Ann held Morgana up and kissed his nose. "So, where's Ryuji? Is he gonna be gone long?"

    "I have no idea..."

    Ren came down from his bunk and sat at the desk. He liked Ann, she was a good friend; she almost reminded him of his sister. Because of that, Ren didn't want to mention anything about her relationship with Ryuji. He didn't want to upset her or himself.