Chapter Seven

Ren didn't have classes Tuesdays or Thursdays. He spent those days in his room drawing or reading, sometimes he'd go walking around the small town. But today? He spent the majority of it in his bunk waiting for Ryuji to wake up, not even caring about how pathetic he looked hugging a pillow to his chest and whining quietly.

    'Wake up already, idiot! Who sleeps in until fucking twelve in the evening?!' he thought.

    Ren pouted and looked down at Ryuji in his bunk. The blond was lying sprawled out and snoring loudly with a very lewd magazine over his bare chest and some really stupid anime playing on the laptop sitting close by.

    "Dummyyyy...." Ren groaned and got out his bunk, taking the pillow with him. He stood beside Ryuji's bunk, looking at him over one more time. Then he smacked him as hard as could with the pillow.

    "WAKE UP!"

    "Aaahh?!"

    Ryuji shot awake and rolled out of bed, getting tangled in his blankets. Once out of the temporary moment of shock, the first thing Ryuji saw was his friend holding a pillow with a pout face.

    "Ren what the fuck?!"

    "You said I couldn't wake you up by shaking you anymore."

    "That doesn't mean slam me with a pillow!"

    Ryuji got up and stretched with a groan. Ren was suddenly at a loss for words, regretting his impatience. After one look at the blond, Ren pressed his face in the pillow and whined again.

    'Damnit, Ryuji! Why must you always sleep naked! With your fucking hot ass...'

    "So, what do you want?" Ryuji said as he pulled pants on.

    "Breakfast...." Ren muttered into the pillow and pointed to the food he already made.

    "Oh cool!" Ryuji sat down and got his food. "Ann coming again?"

    "She was here earlier but you were asleep so she picked up breakfast and left..."

    "Damnit. Well, I can catch her before her first class today!"

    Ren's muffled whines went unheard. At this point he was sick of how oblivious Ryuji was; it was as if Ann was the only thing he could think of. Yet he still found himself absolutely drunk on this stupid crush.

    "Ow! RenRen! Call the stupid cat off! Ow!"

    Morgana was yowling and clawing at Ryuji in a threatening way. Ren quit his bellyaching for a minute to go pick up the cat.

    "Stop, Morgana... be nice..."

    Ren cradled Morgana and rubbed his stomach, that seemed to calm the bastard down.

    "Geez, I hate cats..." Ryuji grumbled.

    "Cats hate you." Ren retorted.

    The two of them laughed, but Ren was forcing it. When Ryuji finished eating, he grabbed some clothes and went to take a shower. Ren dropped back onto his bed to whine into his pillow.

    "I'm so pathetiiiiic!"

    "Mrroooww..." Morgana sat by Ren's head.

    "Why is it so difficult for him to understand?" Ren rolled onto his back. "He at least knows something is bothering me, right? When he asks what's wrong I can always tell him what's on my mind! But I can't—URK!"

    Morgana decided to jump on Ren's face and lay still, smothering him. The boy let out muffled cries and kicked as he pulled Morgana off and held him up.