Chapter Two

—Five Month Pass—

    "Ryujiii! Ryujiiii!"

    Ren frowned when his friend turned away from him in bed. Annoyed, Ren climbed on top of Ryuji and shook him harder, yelling in his face.

    "Ryuuuujiiiiii! Wake uuupp!!"

    "Uuggggh! Fine stop thaaat!" Ryuji finally gave in and pushed Ren's hands away. "Jesus! Why you gotta wake me up like that all the time? I can get up by myself!"

    "That's what you said last week when you missed your first two classes."

    "Yada yada. Now get off, you're crushing my dick!"

    Ren moved off the bed allowing Ryuji to sit up and stretch his arms. The blond checked the time on his phone and his eyes went wide.

    "Yo, it's only 7:30! My first class doesn't start until 10:00!"

    "I know. I just wanted to make sure you had time to eat breakfast so you're not zoning out later!" Ren stood by the kitchen corner where he had a hot plate set up with a carton of eggs.

    Despite the fact Ren was a little annoying, Ryuji appreciated him cooking breakfast every morning. Even though resources were limited, Ren was able to make perfect meals that tasted better than anything the school served. Today he made omelets with sausages and strawberries.

    "Hey, is there any coffee mix left?" Ren asked as he made their plates.

    "Yeah I think there's still—"

    "Pants!!"

    Ren averted his eyes when Ryuji stood up fully exposed. It wasn't easy living with knowing the blond boy chose to sleep in the nude.

    "Shut up, you've seen me naked before!" Ryuji stuck his tongue out.

    "Ann hasn't."

    "Wait, what? Oh—SHIT!"

    Ryuji went scrambling for his clothes and Ren had to hold back a laugh, getting milk from the mini fridge to get the coffee started. Ann Takamaki was a very beautiful girl Ryuji was friends with since high school. Her and Ren became quick friends after Ryuji introduced them to each other. Ann came by almost every morning now for breakfast.

    "Damn it, I really gotta do laundry... think we can go down to the laundromat later?" Ryuji said as he jerked on some pants.

    "Sure, sugar."

    "Stop calling me sugar!"

    "Noooo!" Ren giggled.

    With breakfast out of the way, Ren went to make sure he had everything he needed for his classes that day. Ryuji was already eating, giving a happy sigh.

   "This is so good! How do you put so much flavor!" he said.

    "I'm not giving away my secrets!" Ren said as he poured some mugs of coffee.

    A few knocks came through the door just then followed by a singsong voice.

    "Ren! Ryu! Open the damn door~!"

    "It's unlocked!" Ren called.

    When Ann came through the door, a lovely smile on her face and her blonde hair over her shoulders, Ryuji seemed to turn into a different person. He was usually a complete train wreck but when Ann was around, Ryuji was more... cool and composed.