Chapter Three

It was only Ren's second class for the day and he was already feeling like a zombie.

    When he dropped into his seat in his English class's lecture hall, Ren plopped face first against the desk and groaned. Hifumi was now referring to him as Cherry Boy and drew a bunch of cherry-related things on their collage just to tease him and Yuuki. Ren wouldn't be surprised if the poor boy was feeling dead too.

    He sat up with a groan and took a sip from the bottle of tea he grabbed on his way to English—the fourth drink he's downed in two hours. Ren took off his glasses and pinched the bridge of his nose for a second. When he let go and put his glasses back on, a smile was on his face.

    "Don't let silly things like that get you down! Keep smiling and being mummy's pretty boy!"

    "Hey, RenRen!" Ryuji sat in the seat beside him and leaned back. "Man, I feel refreshed! Thanks again for breakfast, it was great like always!"

    "No problem, sugar." Ren beamed.

    "Har har. Anyway, how was Art? Did Inari drive you crazy?"

    "It was... interesting. Yusuke's really nice. I like him better than Mr. Madarame, that guy slept the whole class."

    "Oh I bet. Anyway, you're not gonna believe this! Ann's going with me to the game Friday!"

    Ren's eye twitched. "You mean... like a date?"

    "That's right! You should bring a girl, we'll make it a double date! Dude, are you ok?"

    Ren was chugging what was left of his tea with his face turning red at an alarmingly fast rate.

    "You don't usually drink like that unless something's botherin' you... is it because of the test today?"

    Ren gagged and nearly choked on his tea.

    "The fucking what...?"

    "Hellooo class!" The teacher, Chihaya Mifune, walked in with a large stack of papers. "Hmm... looks like some people decided to skip this evening! Just as I predicted! Hope all of you are ready to test!"

    Ren stared dumbfounded. The empty tea bottle crushed in his fist and sweat threatened to fall down his head as the papers were being handed out.

    'Oh fuck, oh fuck, oh fuck...'

    When Chihaya came by to hand them their tests, Ren awkwardly spoke up.

    "Uhm... c-can I run to the bathroom real quick, Ms. Mifune?"

    "... Ahahahahaha!" she slapped the test on the desk in front of him. "No. Good luck!"

    Chihaya put one of her "expensive, very real, not at all fake" good luck crystals on Ren's head then skipped off without a care in the world. Ryuji snickered and put a hand over his mouth.

    "Ohh man, that sucks." he said.

    Ren just felt his panic build up. All those drinks were coming back to kick him in the ass and steal his wallet.

    'FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK!!!'

————

    The test was 55 questions long.

    It wasn't that Ren was bad at English, but once a test was handed out, Chihaya didn't let anyone leave the room for anything until they finished their test. She just sat down there on top of her desk meditating with her crystals all around her and some weird flute music playing on a CD player. Ren really didn't like her.