When I Was Your Man

Start from the beginning

Draco sighs and looks up from the paperwork, "I would love to, but I have a ton of work-"

"If you don't want to go, just say so."

"It's not that, Hermione, and you know it."

"We never go out anymore." Hermione states.

"Love, you know with the business booming it means extra work for me." Draco explains, grabbing her hands and pulls her towards him.

She sighs and climbs into his lap, resting her head on his chest, "I know, I just thought that maybe this time we could go."

He presses his lips to her forehead, "Next time, I promise. Now, I really need to finish this."

"Take you to every party 'cause all you wanted to do was dance"

The soft music plays from the radio. Hermiones hips softly move in tune with the melody. The broom that was in her hands became her dance partner. Dracos broad shoulders and his gentle hands.

She hums softly under her breath and twirls around, imagining the days this used to be her and Draco, not her and a broom.

He watches from the doorway, a dagger in his heart as she dances so beautifully. The papers in his hand suddenly seem so unimportant. He steps in and takes her hand.

"That's not what a broom is used for, love." Draco says.

She giggles as he twirls her around, work forgotten until later.

"Now my baby's dancing
But she's dancing with another man"

The magazine falls from Dracos hands, a soft thud to the counter, a loud dagger to his heart.

He should have expected this.

He should have know that once she found someone else that it'd be the talk of the town.

He just didn't expect it so-so soon.

Ms. Hermione Granger with new boyfriend.

Of course she would look beautiful on the front cover.

Of course she would look so happy.

"My pride, my ego, my needs, and my selfish ways"

She smiled at him but he scowled.

"Not tonight, Hermione, I don't have time for this." He grumbles.

Hermione deflates, "But you said you'd take me out next time you had a day off."

He sighs and rubs his temples, "I want to rest today. I don't have time to be taking you out."

"Then we'll go out for an evening movie, and then come home. I promise it'll be fun. Please?" Hermione pleads, rubbing his tense shoulders.

He lets out and angry breath and shoves her hand away, "I said no, Hermione! I can't be giving you all my time any more! I need to focus on me sometimes, God, don't you get it!"