Chapter 6 ❧ The Collector

Depuis le début

•●•●•●•●•

"Is there something wrong?" Adrien asks, concern clear on his face.

"No, it's nothing," I say lamely. Staring at the moon through window. I came by Adrien's room, wanting to forget about today, but my foul mood only leaked into the atmosphere.

"Hey, would you like to play duet with me?" Adrien offers, sitting on the piano bench.

"Adrien," I say reproachfully. "I can't play the piano."

He chokes in surprise. "What? Really? I must have forgotten..."

I chuckle as he plays a piece for me instead. I close my eyes, basking into the soft melody for a small but valuable amount of time. They said that the music being played is a reflection of who ever plays it. I can't help but agree in this moment. The melody is slow-paced but it isn't sad. It's tune is gentle and easy- kind of like Adrien, himself.

"So what has been bothering you? You were all right just this morning. Is Juleka okay?"

"I don't know. Today has been hectic and I haven't heard from her at all. I'm worried sick," I say truthfully. Even though I saw her safely de-transform. I'm still concerned about how she's feeling. Guilt continued to gnaw on me.

"It's just like you to be worried all day about your friend. There's no one as kind as you are," he says. "Just give it some time. Maybe she needs rest after getting akumatized like that."

"I guess you're right," I reply and he nods. I stand up from the sofa and make my way out. I want to end this conversation before the truth comes bursting out of my lips. "I'm tired. Let's hit the sack."

At the corner of my eye, I spot a black smudge speed by, but when I look back, there's nothing there. Rubbing my dry eyes, I ask, "Did you see something?"

"Huh? I-I didn't see anything?"

I narrow my eyes at him, sensing a lie. My phone rang before I could step back inside. "Nevermind."

"Good night, Selene." I take one last glance of the gentle smile lighting up his face. My heart skips a beat but it instantly changes to a churning in my stomach from the guilt.

"Night, Adrien." I close the door behind me.

"I see you're still revolving around the same guy since I've last seen you," Grimm says exiting my pocket.

"Oh it's you," I deadpan. "You were so silent this whole time that I began to hope that you've become permanently mute."

I read the caller's ID and instantly answer the phone. "Thank God, Juleka. I'm so glad you're okay." A wave of relief immediately washes over me as I listen to her familiar voice.

•●•●•●•●•

A whole season later.

Ladybug and Chat Noir side by side, fight against the akumatized Gabriel Agreste. At first, I could hardly believe his plan to akumatize himself, but he hoped to throw off suspicion of him as being Hawkmoth.

I was supposed to help out but...

"Grimm, witching hour!" I exclaim for the hundredth time, but he doesn't even react. "What the heck is going on?"

"I told you. If requirements are not met, I can't transform you," he quips with the most irritating poker face.

"Dear God! You're just so...so." I groan in frustration. I run up the stairs, eyes trained to find Adrien in this huge mansion.