twenty six

"Oh, look who's awake?"

Jaehyun starts to open his eyes slowly just to see he's in a cold, dirty and small place. He tried pulling his hands but they were restrained by metal cuffs that were connected to the bricked wall by chains. They clanged as he tried getting out and heard a laugh.

Jaehyun turned and let out a growl.

"How does it feel to be home again?" Doyoung growled.

Jaehyun spat at Doyoung, "Bullshit. Let me go! I'm gonna kill you!"

Doyoung laughed at the thought that it was so pathetic for Jaehyun threaten him like that. He stopped and looked at the prince with a teasing smirk. He soon pulled a gun and already loaded a single bullet.

Doyoung stick the nuzzle against Jaehyun's forehead.

"I'd kill you first."

"How would Taeyong react if he heard the father of his unborn child is dead? You think going against me is gonna get you out of here?" the alpha gritted his teeth and pushed the gun's nuzzle against Jaehyun's forehead, "Not a chance! I'm not even going to give Tae--"

"I'm not going to let you touch him, you bastard! I'm going to make you regret putting me in here!"

Doyoung smirked, "I'd like to see you try."

"Doyoung."

Both alphas turned to the cell door and saw a person Jaehyun hasn't seen before for months. Jaehyun's blood boiled at the sight. His fists tightened and his knuckles became white.

"Put the gun down and leave. I'd like to talk...to my son."

Doyoung obeyed and gave the gun to the guard beside. Soon, he exits the cell and has better things to do. The King walked in and stood infront of Jaehyun who was seated on the cold floor. They stared with no words to describe.

"Welcome back, Jaehyun."

"Get me out of here!"

"But you just came here," the King said, "How 'bout we talk about what happened to you for the past months? You've been away for quite some time."

Jaehyun clicked his tongue and the chains made aloud sound.

"How does it feel to disobey my orders? Quite good, huh?"

The alpha didn't say anything. He just stared at his "father" who seems to be enjoying seeing his son hopeless. He slowly squatted the same level as Jaehyun. He held and tightly gripped his son's jaw.

"You're a disgrace to this family."

Jaehyun scoffed, "You're nothing different, father."

Then he was slapped, hard enough that his head whipped to the side.

"What has come into your mind to disrespect me like this, Yoonoh? Has that little peasant of yours thought you to be a bastard? I barely recognized you as my son."

"When did I even become a son to you? You treated as someone to be controlled and use me for the wealth. And then what? Did I even see a smile from you? Words to motivate me? None. All you did was bicker and hate me. I barely knew you as my father," Jaehyun shouted, "All you ever want me to do is to be the perfect son you dreamt of. You took everything from me!"

The King stared at his son coldly and before he could even say anything, a guard came up with some news.

"What's happening?" the King asked, still staring at Jaehyun.

"Sire, we came with the omega you've asked for."

Jaehyun's eyes widened, "What omega? What's the name?"

No answered the poor prince. The King slowly stood up and stepped out of the cell. The cell door closed and locked the cell guard.

"If that's Taeyong, you'll never know what I'll be doing to you when I get out of this!" Jaehyun shouted, trying to get out of the chains but the King with the guards left him.

As much as Jaehyun's anger rages, it won't make him free from the chains. He just leaned against the wall and sighed. He just wished the omega won't be the one in his mind right now.

"Both will be beheaded tomorrow night."

The King said to the guard as they walked out of the basement where the jail is.

"As well as Prince Jaehyun?"

"He isn't the kingdom's prince anymore. He has ruined the reputation of the Jung and I wish for him to be gone with his mate tomorrow."

The guard nodded, "Yes, sire."

"Where is the omega?"

"He is already in the room, sire."

Both walked where the omega is right now. Behind the wooden door, it revealed a chained omega seated on the bed. Tear stains were obvious on his cheeks and the anger in his eyes is evident.

"W-Where is he?" Taeyong asked like a plea.

The King stared at Taeyong. Suddenly, he slapped the omega which surprised Taeyong. The omega's jaw dropped and didn't dare to look at the man infront of him. A red handprint slowly showed up on his cheek.

"You should've stayed away. You ruined everything I built for him!"

Taeyong felt himself shiver but he held the fear that was growing in his chest.

"It's not me, you're at fault."

The King gripped the collar of the omega with gritted teeth, "You'll regret going against me, you omega."

Suddenly, someone pulled the King's hand away from the omega. She stood infront of Taeyong, like she was protecting him from the King.

"Hurt him and you'll see what I'll do to you," the Queen said with eyes widened.

The King clicked his tongue and walked out of the room. As soon as he walked out, the Queen sighed in relief. The King could've punched her or shout at her but she was thankful he just walked out this time.

"Your Highness, are you alright?" Taeyong asked worriedly.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?"

Taeyong shook his head, "I am fine but you shouldn't have done that. I am honored but I'd rather take the punishment."

"A King shouldn't do that to anyone."

The omega pulled out a small smile, "Thank you."

A/N: two chapters left!!

Love lots ♥