Part 20

Your POV

My eyes fluttered open as the sounds of birds and horses awoke me from my deep slumber. As carefully as I could I sit up in bed, instantly regretting it. My hand instantly went to hold my head since it began to pound. As I was trying to rub my head to soothe the pain, there was a knock on my door. I smiled as I realized it was Harry and that he was holding a tray, the smell of food filled my nose instantly. Suddenly I realized that I was hungry.

"I didn't know what you like but I figured you would need pain killers. So I figured you need food too", he smiled.

"Thank you", I returned the smile.

He sat the tray on my lap and immediately began to dig into my food and taking whatever meds they gave me to ease the pain in my head.

"How are you feeling today love", Harry asked.

"Feeling better, but I'm still quite sore", I whined trying to adjust myself in a comfortable position.

"Jasmine is still in the dungeons, she'll have to stay there until parliament decides to hand her over to her parents", Harry informed me.

"Does she have to stay in the dungeons? That's a little cruel isn't it", I said I looked up at Harry.

"Yes Y/n. She is dangerous and attacked you, she literally threatened your life", Harry argued.

"Why? Why did she want to hurt me so bad? What did I do to her", I tried so hard not to cry.

"Baby girl no", he slipped into my bed and pulled me into his arms.

"I swear whatever happened had nothing to do with you, this was all me. She wants to get me through you", he tried to calm me down.

"But why? Why Harry?", I begged.

"I'll tell you love, I'll tell you why she hates you and wants me", he began.

"When I was barley 17, my father and mother wanted me to begin to find a woman to be queen. So as cliche as we are we held a ball so I could meet eligible maidens. That's when I met Jasmine", he began.

"What happened next?", I asked getting comfy as I leant against Harry.

"We dated for a while and became really close and I felt like I was failing in love with her. Eventually I proposed to her and we were really excited to be married. Everything seemed to be perfect", he smiled.

"So what went wrong", I asked curiously. Everything seemed to be perfect, so why break up.

"In order to prepare myself to be king, my mum and dad decided it was best if I went away in order to prepare myself to be king. In that time, I found out through my friends that Jasmine cheated on me", Harry sighed.

"Oh my, Harry I'm so sorry", I said sincerely placing my hands on his.

"It set me off, I was so mad, sad, and hurt that I had no idea what to do with myself. So I started to party and along with that drinking, other stuff came with that. It didn't help it got splashed all over the papers. I was a total mess until I met you", he looked over at me.

"What? What about me made you change?", I broke eye contact looking down knowing I was blushing.

"Something about your purity and innocence made me want to change. Change for you and my parents, I wanted o be the perfect man for you. Please, all I'm asking is for a chance to prove to you that I can be the man and husband you want", he begged taking both of my hands in his.

"Ok Harry, ok. I'll give you one more chance. Please don't make me regret it or hurt me. I don't think I have it in me to give you one. Ore chance", I said honestly.

"I understand love, and thank you for giving me one last shot with you", he leant over and kissed my cheek.

"If you're up for it, I would like to take you on a picnic later on. There's a special place I'd like to show you".