Investigation on Iveria: White Flag

Start from the beginning

Shan reached out her hand in front of an unsuspecting pale brick. She held her hand before it as she focused, tapping into the Force. A click resonated from somewhere deep in the stone.

For a moment, nothing happened. Then a circular cut out pulled into the wall, twisting as it did. There was a shift, then the large, heavy doors parted and the cut out refit itself seamlessly back into the wall.

Kenobi waited for Shan before entering the temple. It was as dark as Umbara inside. It became the color of pitch as the doors shut of their own accord.

They stood in the darkness, waiting for something to happen. A moment later, lights flickered to life, revealing Sahrea with a raised hand. She turned her wrist as more lights illuminated the area.

The temple was exquisite. The main room had a high ceiling with a large cloth pinned up against it. It was attached to the wall every few feet so that it made up a checkerboard pattern of drooping fabric.

The walls, ceilings, and floor were all made of the same slate colored stone that differed from the exterior. A plush red carpet worn from wear covered the ground below them.

Two large bookcases reached up to the ceiling, the top shaded in shadow. On each shelf sat rows of texts so ancient, they were written on parchment.

In the center of the room was a round wooden table, with a black, diamond shaped cloth draped over top. The points touched the floor, while the gray trimmed sides exposed the deep brown wood beneath. Three ghostly spheres of light floated above it.

At the back of the vestibule was a large archway jutting out of the wall. Inside of it was a painting depicting what Kenobi could only describe as the balance of the Force. The left side of the portrait represented the Dark Side of the Force. The X shaped symbol for Bogun was there, along with scenes of war and power. There was lightning and death. Red sabers as well, some locked in combat with the colors of the Jedi, some were against other crimson sabers.

On the right was the Light Side. The rounded shape that represented the Ashla was surrounded by illustrations of peace and meditation. Depictions of healing and learning. There was also a portrait of a lightsaber being forged.

Then there was the center representing the Gray. A Y shaped symbol sat there, one unfamiliar to Kenobi. Above it was two warriors caught in an eternal battle. Below it was the same warriors, their blades behind them, bowing to one another. It definitely piqued Obi-Wan's interest. He would examine it more once they secured the area.

"Fan out. Look for anything out of the ordinary, texts on the floor, open chests, missing holocrons, the like." Shan commanded, sounding like a true general in that moment. Cody and the others turned down the hallways to their left and right. These passages skirted the outside of the main vestibule and led to the rest of the temple. Kenobi motioned to follow Cody.

"Not you Obi-Wan." Sahrea called. He turned to face her. "I have a special task for you." He cocked an eyebrow at her.

"Oh really?" he replied coolly. She smirked at him and cocked her head to the left, indicating he should follow. She led him to the Force mural.

"I'm entrusting you with a secret." she admitted, her voice sweet. "I need you to be my Ashla." Again, his curiosity was intensifying. The more he learned about the Gray Jedi, the more mysterious they became, rather than the other way around.

"Your Ashla?" Sahrea stepped over to his side. She gently took his hand. It sent a fluttery sensation through his fingers up into his elbow.

It had been easy the last few months, to ignore his feelings. After all, he was a Jedi, trained to be the master over his emotions. Then Canarath happened and it began to get hard. It got worse and worse until now. It was nearly impossible. Just her entering a room was enough to send his heart on a race. Standing here, this close, her hand on his... He knew better than this. He know he did. But he couldn't fight it even if he wanted to. And he really didn't want to.