11: Broken?

"So I assume yours was good?" Mike joked, the blonde licking the chocolate syrup from her finger, unable not to giggle.

"So good." She shook her head, licking her lips before gently biting her bottom one. She could tell what he was thinking just by the look in his eye and she couldn't help but blush.

"You, you look amazing tonight." She shook her head with a smile as he whispered in her ear, gently placing his hand on her thigh, thankful that they were sitting in a corner booth. "Really babe." He added, kissing her cheek then her neck her holding her breath.

"I cannot believe you right now." She said, shaking her head.

"What's hard to believe?" He continued kissing the side of her face and her jaw.

"We're in the middle of a restaurant-,"

"Well, we're in a corner booth." He replied immediately, her biting her lip again as he pulled her closer. "And I miss you." Mike's words sent a chill down her spine, him speaking against her neck, his hand gripping her thigh under the table. "Let's get out of here." He stood from the table, reaching his hand out to help her from the table.

"Thank you." She flashed a smile before leading them out of the restaurant, his hand on her lower back. "Mike," she gasped, caught off guard once he'd turned her around quickly pressing his lips against her. "Honey." Carrie gently pulled away, not wanting him to feel like she wasn't interested.

"Is something wrong?"

"No, I just don't want you to get excited for nothing. Come on, it's cold." She turned away from him, opening the truck door, Mike helping her up the step.

"Look, I know that you're worried. Babe, I was just trying to love on you." Mike said as he got in on the driver's side, starting the vehicle.

"I, I know." She licked her lips gently, before biting her bottom one. He watched as she propped her elbow on the windowsill, letting out a small sigh as a tiny tear slid down her face, him feeling awful for upsetting her.

"Care," he broke the silence, her jumping as he reached for her. "Honey-,"

"I'm sorry." She shook her head, embarrassed as she pressed her lips together.

"I didn't mean to upset you baby. Tonight, tonight was suppose to be about making you feel better. I didn't mean to ruin it." Mike shook his head, frustrated with himself.

"No, you didn't ruin it-,"

"You're crying."

"I am crying because I feel so stupid!" Carrie exclaimed, him letting out a sigh as he pulled into their driveway. "You're leaving tomorrow and I can't even, we can't even, just forget it." She put her head in her hands, breaking down into tears.

"Baby, don't be upset about this please. It's okay."

"It's not okay to me. Mike, I don't want you to leave. I know it's been a week but I, I'm not okay. I am scared." Carrie ranted, him confused by what she was saying.

"What do you mean you're scared-,"

"For you not to be here. I, I just, never mind. It's okay." Carrie shook her head quickly, licking her lips as she wiped her face gently. "Let's just go inside." She mumbled, opening her door and getting out of the truck before he had a chance to respond. Mike hit the steering wheel in frustration, watching his upset wife climb the porch stairs. 

He knew that she was still hurting. He knew that she was struggling to pull herself together and more than anything that she was struggling to move forward. She was down in a hole just deep enough so he couldn't reach her and it broke his heart. 

"If, if you want to get him ready, I can come get him." The blonde said, walking up the stairs as she held the phone to her ear, on the phone with her best friend. 

"Care, what are you doing?" Mike asked, following his wife up the stairs. "Are you picking up Isaiah?" He added, the blonde putting her purse on the dresser. 

"I just, I want him here." Carrie answered, pushing her hair out of her face and unzipping her dress down the side. "I'm sorry for getting so upset. I know that you have to go. It's okay,-"

"It's not okay. Please, just stop saying that. Carrie, I know you're not okay and that's fine. You don't always have to be okay. Please understand that you don't have to hide your feelings for me. You don't have to lie to my face. Carrie Marie," he paused, putting both hands on the side of her face. "I love you. I love you so damn much and all I want is to make you happy. I can't sleep at night if I know that you're not happy." She bit her lip harshly as a small tear fell down her face. "Talk to me baby. I don't care, I don't give a shit about hockey compared to you and Isaiah. Tell me what you're feeling right now." Mike kissed her forehead softly, Carrie letting out a deep breath. 

"I, I feel broken."