1: Joy for the Ages

Rushing around the large home, the small, blonde woman prepared the announcement gift for her husband, who was due home at any minute.
"Isaiah, honey, where are you?" She asked her son, soon hearing the loud thumping of him jumping from the stairs with both feet.

"Fireman Fisher is here!" He yelled, her wincing at his high pitch squeal as he ran towards her.
"Izzy, listen, daddy's about to be home okay? He's going to be really tired-,"

"So he can't play fireman with me?" The young boy asked, cutting his mother off as he frowned, disappointed.

"Baby, what did I tell you about cutting mommy off?" The woman asked, kneeling down to be level with her son.

"That it's not polite."
"Yes sir, thank you. Daddy is going to be tired and it's almost time for your bedtime too, alright? I want you to go upstairs and change into your pjs and when you're done start picking up your room, please." She said, kissing his cheek gently as he wrapped his small arms around her neck. "I need to talk to daddy first and then we will tuck you in, okay? Please do what I told you." Kissing his forehead she patted him on the bottom, before watching him disappear up the stairs.

Hearing the front door open then close, she took a deep breath, trying to calm herself as she moved the small bag to the island in the kitchen, her saying a mental prayer to God.

"Hey, Baby." Her husband tiredly smiled, entering the kitchen and putting down his luggage.
"Hey, how was your flight?" She stood on the tips of her toes to hug him tightly, feeling his arms pull her closer.

"Good, I've missed you." The pair shared a gentle kiss before his attention was shifted to the gift bag beside them. "What is this?" He asked, peaking inside as she bit her lip harshly, trying her hardest to hold back her excitement.

"Open it." She nodded quickly, nudging him before taking a nervous step back, her adrenaline pumping.
"Alright," Mike shook his head, chuckling. "What is this?" He laughed quietly to himself, her watching anxiously as he took the shirt from the bag, turning it around to read, "lucky number two". "Wait what?" Mike laughed, his wife practically giddy in the corner, her squeezing her hands together. He set the shirt aside, reaching in the bag again to pull out a Predators hockey jersey, him turning it around to read it, "lil' fish #2". "Carrie, no, you're not." Mike couldn't help but smile widely as he turned to his wife, her nodding her head excitedly as she jumped up and down. "Wait, are you? Are you-,"

"I'm pregnant." She bit her lip, the pair throwing their arms around each other, Mike laughing with joy.

"Oh my gosh. You're pregnant. We're gonna have another baby." He looked down into the woman's eyes, her nodding quickly.

"We're gonna have another baby." She nodded in assurance, before he leaned down to kiss her softly.

"We're having another baby." He repeated, cupping her face with both hands before they kissed again, them giggling happily.

I am so excited to be back writing (not that I ever stopped)!
Please vote on this chapter and comment your thoughts! I'll update with a new chapter every Monday, Wednesday and Friday! So so excited for this new story which takes us through the past few years of Carrie, Mike, and Isaiah's life!