6: Through the Bad

"Hey, I brought you a water." Mike said quietly as he entered the hospital room, his wife lying in bed.

"Thank you." She spoke quietly, him noticing her picking at her nails as he sat the bottle on the table beside her. "I um, I'm sorry for asking you to leave." Carrie apologized, staring down at her hands, trying to hold back the tears. "I just, I don't know. I'm sorry. I know that you're upset too." The woman added, her husband sitting on the end of the bed.

"Care, look at me." Mike said, her waiting a short while before they made eye contact, him able now to see the tears that were threatening to fall. "I'm sorry. Sweetheart-," he cut himself off as he moved closer, placing his hand on her thigh. "It's okay. You're going to be okay, we are. We'll get through this." Mike tried encouraging his wife only he could tell it wasn't working. He wanted to be strong for her, to comfort her; however, he was hurting too.

"Mike, this isn't how this was suppose to end." She shrugged, lowering her head as the tears finally fell, him sitting beside her now to wrap his arms around her. "Mike, I, I am really sorry." Apologizing, she sat up straight, wiping the tears from her face. "I, I don't know how this happened." Carrie licked her lips, sniffling as she looked at her husband seriously.

"This was not you. This was not you at all, understand me please. Don't apologize, don't blame yourself, okay?" Mike kissed her forehead softly, then her cheek.

"It's, I just, I am so confused. This is what I thought God wanted, you know? I thought this was, I thought, I don't know." She shook her head gently, tears falling down her face. "Are you mad?" Carrie asked quietly, licking her lips.

"At you?" She shrugged in response, him gently sighing before he wrapped his arm around her, kissing her forehead lightly. "I couldn't baby. Hey," he whispered, her sniffling as he rested his forehead against hers. "It's going to be okay. It's going to be okay. It's going to be okay." Mike said in a whisper, wiping a tear with his thumb. "I love you. I love you. I love you." He repeated himself, wanting to make sure she knew he was serious.

"I love you too." She let out a breath, biting her lip. "This is so hard. I'm scared." The woman confessed, before moving aside, allowing him to sit fully beside her.

"It's alright. I'm right here." Mike held her hand, kissing her head again as she rest against him. "We're going to get through this together." He added, her nodding.

At the moment, her heart was broken. Excitement and joy were the only two feelings she felt she'd experienced since finding out she was pregnant. She was sure that it was the perfect time, that it was God's time. They were both confused and scared but the one thing they were sure of was that they loved each other and more than anything that they love their son.

Comment your thoughts and vote please!!❤️