Chapter 1.1

"Lillian your plane will board at 8 A.M. so you need to get down there by 6 or catch a bus to Forks. I'm done." Renée glared at her 'problem' child.
   "I'll sleep at the airport, thanks."

•••
Lili, age 17 (18 in a month), and older sister of Bella, stood at the airport waiting for her father to make an appearance. She always had a better relationship with Charlie but that was because he was more accepting of her, Phil was definitely a huge downgrade and she let Renée know that.

Once she found Charlie she attempted to run to him but it turned into a fast walk due to the heavy bags she was practically dragging while also shoving pass people. Charlie met her about half way and heaved her bags over his shoulder.

"I was happy when you called and told me you wanted to come live here but I did not expect it to be under these circumstances. Come on Lili you set fire to the bathroom?" The disappointment coated his voice. The walk to the car was filled with a sad sort of silence. She knew she had upset her father and that it would be pointless explaining to him that it was an accident, Renée probably told him she caught Lili and she lit it right in front of her.

   The car ride wasn't much better. Charlie had a sad look in his eyes and although Lili wanted to say something she couldn't manage to get it out. It wasn't until they pulled into the driveway that she got the guts to say something to him.

"Dad I want you to know that you don't have to worry about me. I promise I won't make you deal with me like that. And the fire was a complete accident! I had a candle lit in the bathroom and Phil kicked me out, when I went to grab my stuff I accidentally knocked the candle into the trash can and it caught..." Before she could finish Charlie had already pulled her into a hug.

   "You should have told me if it was getting bad princess, you could have moved in a lot sooner!" They released each other and got out of the car, Lili only grabbing her backpack. The two fell back into a now comfortable silence as they headed up to Lili's old bedroom.

   "Oh yikes I really need to redo the room," she laughed out. The walls were luckily a nice crisp white with a grey accent wall, matching grey curtains hung over the window that she would probably leave open 24/7. Her bed had a tragic hot pink zebra print blanket with black pillows and hot pink sheets that were definitely getting replaced. Posters from random bands like the Jonas Brothers and the Backstreet Boys cluttered her walls from her 15 year old pop phase. She was lucky that Charlie would let her paint her furniture the hot pink/lime green combo that she spent weeks begging him for, instead they were all a nice white color.

   Lili tossed her bag on the bed and watched Charlie place her two suitcases on the ground along with her duffle bag.

   "It was so last minute that I wasn't able to actually adult up your room but I did get the stuff to redecorate... please tell me you are getting rid of that monstrosity of a comforter..." Charlie scrunched up his nose at the eyesore blanket.

   "Definitely, we can even burn it to symbolize the new beginning," she said while ripping the blanket away and tossing it at Charlie. He chuckled and with a sigh of relief he pointed to the large closet.

   "Good because I got you a new bed set among other things also your plants are in the kitchen safe and sound." With that he walked out of the room leaving Lili to redecorate for about 3 hours.

•••
   Finally happy with the setup of her new room and exhausted from having to go up and down the stairs so much, Lili threw herself onto the couch next to Charlie and let out a sigh.

   "I hope my plant like my new room. The ones in Arizona started dying, my guess is from the negativity." She knew she sounded crazy but one of her biggest passions was keeping her plants. "Anyways I'm hungry," Lili whined out while dramatically throwing her hands over her stomach. Charlie seemed to know exactly what his daughter wanted and grabbed the keys to the car.

   "I figured you would be after all that redecorating you've been doing, diner sound good to you?" With a quick nod of her head she ran upstairs and threw on a pair of black vans and a flannel and darted to the car. She hadn't been to Carver Café in many years and was very excited to be back!

•••
   "Wow Lili you are all grown up! Wow look at you! Let me guess, Alfredo with extra Parmesan cheese and garlic bread?" Cora, Lili's favorite waitress while growing up pulled her into a little hug, Cora having to crouch slightly due to Lili already sitting down. Lili used to hang out with Cora and learn how to cook during slow hours at the diner usually when Charlie had to work late. Bella was never interested though, no matter how many times Cora offered to teach her too.

The rest of dinner was silent, Lili ate and thoughts swirled through her head. Charlie had sprung it on her that she would be starting school with the rest of the class and although she expected it she did not expect the first day to be in two days. She was definitely hopeful that she would be able to settle in for at least a week before she had to go back to hell. Being an almost 18 year-old junior surrounded by a majority of almost 17 year-olds was awful. She should be graduating but instead Renée had her held back so that she would be with Bella. This was of course when her mother actually liked her. She watched out the window of the diner as the sun began setting, casting yellow, orange, pink and purple hues into the cloud covered sky.

By the time the two were done eating and on their way home the stars were blocked by large dark clouds. Lili shivered as cold rain soaked through her flannel while she walked to the front door behind Charlie, both exhausted from the day's activities. Sunday would be a whole day of unpacking clothing and preparing for Monday, her first day at forks.

•••
A/N this chapter was so oddly difficult to write, probably due to the fact that I am really excited for her and Rosalie to meet! I have 2 versions of how I want her to react to Lili so I will figure it out and then publish chapter 2 soonish!