PWA Tag

Hey, I'm back here to answer some questions from the PWA and keep the tag flowing. If I tag you, answer the following questions or feel my wrath! XD

1. Which entry are you excited about the most for PWA 2019?

Am I allowed to choose my own? Ok, fine. Do I have to pick just one? I've already read far more than one entry that I like and am totally cheering for, but I'll answer this for the one I'm most excited to finish reading (since I read a piece of all of them being the inspector and all). Close call still, but I'm going to go with The Isles of Gracidea. Seems like it'll be a fun read if I have time for it, and hopefully I will! I've never read a full book by Cora before, either, so this should be doubly fun.

2. What is your favorite thing about the PWA?

I'm definitely cheating this time because one is not enough. I love the way the PWA brings our community together, the way it highlights and brings attention to books and authors that were previously unknown, and the way that it encourages people to continue striving to be the best writers they can be. I think the PWA has played a major part in helping everyone in our community come closer together as friends and to make exceptional progress in terms of their writing abilities. I also like that I was able to help some people learn grammar and punctuation tips this year through inspecting all the entries, which I hope means that lots of people got something extra out of competing this year even if they don't win any awards.

3. What is your least favorite thing about the PWA?

That it sometimes drives people apart instead of bringing them together. I really want for it to be a celebration of the community where the winners feel happy to have accomplished what they did and where the rest feel happy for them. I want people to have the attitude that it's fun and worthwhile just to participate. And I want every judge to recognize the hard work that goes into every entry and to see the shining qualities at each one's heart.

But sometimes people, whether they're judges or contestants, just don't understand the perspective of the other. Judges work hard to read all the entries and get tired and can be tempted to be harshly critical of books they don't enjoy that they have to read in a short amount of time under a great deal of stress. And contestants work very hard all year to make their entries the best they can and can sometimes jump to the conclusion that the contest is unfair if their books didn't place as high as they thought they deserved. Judges burn out and contestants give up. And people get mad at each other.

Can't we all just recognize that everyone involved in the PWA is awesome and they're doing great work? Let's all celebrate each other's hard work and accomplishments, use kindness to help each other grow, and be like one big happy family. 

JunieWeathers

BlueSapphire718

Dictator-Chan

sxftsmiIes