Chapter 4

Rose walked into her room, slightly exhausted from her first day of classes. But it was all done and she was ready to get a start on the homework that she wanted to get a start on.

Of course, the moment she laid down on her bed, Rose's computer played a little ding, telling her that she had a new notification. Sighing, she got out of bed and shuffled over to the computer. She sat down in front of the computer, see a notice for a new message from someone unknown.

Confused, the girl opened the message before catching her breath in her throat.

Unknown: My dear flower, don't you worry, for one day we will be together soon.

She reread the message multiple times.

'It can't be from him,' the girl thought to herself. 'He's gone.' she told herself for possible hundredth time of the day. She has reassured herself many times during the day. This seemed to be the last straw though.

Tears were streaming down her face as she shallowly breathed in and out. Flower was his nickname though. Only he used it. He's gone though, as Rose told herself many times. There's no way this can be him.

Rose rushed to her bag and pulled her phone out, unconsciously typing down the numbers to Jim's cell phone. She paused though as her thumb hovered over the call button.

Rose couldn't do this to Jim. He had his job to focus on. She didn't want him to be worrying about her while working on a case. The ginger girl deleted the call before putting her phone on her nightstand.

Rose looked over to the computer before sitting down in front of it again. Her fingers sat gently on the keys as she stared at the message. It could be from him.

She shook her head though. She was there when it happened. When he-

Rose couldn't finish the thought. Images flashed before her. She squeezed her eyes as she tried to get rid of them.

She snapped her eyes open and stared at the computer screen once more. 'This message,' she thought to herself. 'It has to be some prank.'

That seemed to be the only logical thing that somewhat calmed the girl down.

Rose: Don't message me again.

She took a deep breath before hitting enter, sending the message. The girl sat there for a minute before moving her mouse to exit out of the tab.

But the little ding came again, and a new message popped up.

Unknown: My dear flower, there's no need to say that. I will come to you and we will be together again. A king reunited with his beloved queen.

Rose held herself when she saw the message. She hurried up to close her window shades before pacing around her small room. Homework was out of her mind now.

Was this some type of stalker? A wannabe? This person, whoever it may be, was scaring Rose. Someone knew her email, her personal email. Delete it and get a new one? That sounded reasonable but she would need to add her contacts again.

Rose should tell Jim. Maybe he could attempt to find whoever sent these to her.

She shook her head. Jim has his job to do. He has cases that need his focus and people that need his saving. Rose couldn't add to his caseload. He was already trying to find someone to be a personal bodyguard. Adding some type of stalker would make her seem needy.

Rose took a deep breath before closing the tab and turning her computer off. Out of sight, out of mind. She doesn't need anything to ruin this year. First it was him, and now this random stalker person.

"Not today," Rose whispered to herself while staring at the blank screen. "New year and far from Gotham."