TWO

CHAPTER TWO.
THE VERY FIRST BREEZE OF WIND

SHE KNEW WHAT SHE DID. She knew she just broke yet another heart and she knew she shouldn't be so cruel about it.

​However, it was just who she was.

​Grace Marlowe was a heartless bitch and everyone who didn't know that was doomed from the start.

She wasn't always like this. There was a time so long ago that she almost believed it never happened in the first place, that she was actually a decent person with a good heart, a girl who was deserving of love and devotion from someone like Adrian Matthews.

​She was not here anymore though. She was long gone. It was the bitch who survived and became the person she was today.

​Someone who was beautiful, powerful, and ready to conquer the Earth.

​There was only one problem. The Earth might not be survivable and had a very big potential to kill her just by breathing the air.

​Although, as she remembered a piece of information which was generously given by Adrian, she knew it was a risk she was willing to take. If she was going to die it might as well be on the ground.

​No one really dared to dream of this moment. Earth was always something everyone described as a place full of wonders that was so far away and they talked about it like it was a myth.

​It was the same for Grace. She was so sure she would live in the Ark her entire life. She didn't dare to think about the river, the forest or the mountain, the birds and the fishes, every stupid but alluring thing she would find in one of those rare moments she actually read a book about something other than fashion or drama like the Earth itself.

​She couldn't help but hope that she could get through this, that life in the earth was not a myth after all and she could forget about the Ark forever.

While she was busy with her thoughts, one by one the delinquents were starting to wake up. Before long, they could be heard chattering and laughing, already excited to be on the ground, away from their shitty lives on space.

​However, they shut up pretty quickly when the drop ship shook rather violently as if they just crashed with something. Nervous glances were thrown to each other, only then did they realise they could be dead before the very first breeze of wind reached their skin.

​To made it worse, the previously black screens suddenly started playing a video, and the unwelcomed face of Chancellor Jaha were staring right back at them.

​"Prisoners of the Ark, hear me now," he started. The last thing Grace wanted to do at the moment was listening to him. Yet that son of a bitch continued his speech. "You've been given a second chance, and as your Chancellor it is my hope that you see this as not just a chance for you, but a chance for all of us, indeed for mankind itself.