Sasaki Haise x Fem!Reader: Unravelling the world

Start from the beginning

Time skip
Three months after the end of the Rosé extermination
Present time
Author POV

You were currently at your apartment, getting ready for bed when some knocks were heard at your front door, making you flinch a little. Being a ghoul investigator, you got ready for anything that would happen next and got your quinque ready, walking slowly to the door.

"[Y/N], it's just me" a too familiar voice said, making you let out a sigh

"You scared me" you said as you opened the door. "...Haise..."

You looked at the black haired man in front of you as he pushed his round glasses on the bridge of his nose with his gloved hand. You moved from his way and let him in, closing the door after he entered.

"Sorry for the sudden visit" Haise said as he took of his shoes. "Didn't mean to scare you"

"At least you're visiting" you muttered, taking his coat to put it on a hanger, before you turned to smile at him "It's fine, don't worry. Did something happen?"

And yet, you're smiling bright...

"No"

Completely blind to life

The 'no' seemed to float into the heavy air of the room as the not so comforting silence took over the whole house as you put away your quinque.

This wasn't the man you loved anymore. Haise wasn't cold. Haise loved you. Haise made everything to bring a smile on your face. Who is this man?

"You know you can talk to me, ri--" you started to say, until you were interrupted by Haise who had you pinned on the wall, roughly kissing you. "H-Ha...i...se" you tried to mutter between the rough kisses as his grip grew tigther around your wrists, making you wince in pain

"This is not Haise. This is not Haise. This is not Haise!" You screamed inside your head as you managed to push him away, making him look at you with a shocked expression

"The Haise I know would never do this to me!" You yelled at him as you tried to catch your breath, feeling your face burning like hell

The truth I seek, never felt so bleak, but...

"[Y/N]..." Haise called as he cupped your face, until you slapped his hands away

I maintain my depth...

"Don't touch me!" You yelled. "You're not... you're not Haise... You're not allowed to touch me... O-only he... Only he can touch me..."

"[Y/N], look at me" he said as he grabbed you by the chin, making you look into his eyes as he had a small smile on his face. "I am Haise"

Freeze...

His smile... his so empty smile... it wasn't the same bright smile he always had. It was an empty and cold smile that worried you even more.

I'm breakable...

Your hands found their way around his neck, bringing him closer in the space between your head and shoulder as his eyes were wide open, not expecting this reaction from you after what he did.

Unbreakable...

"Haise... What happened to you?" You whispered as he closed his eyes, his hands wrapping around your waist

I'm shaking yet,
Unshakable...

He was hesitant at first, refusing to answer your question as he enjoyed the silence and the comfort of your embrace, until the question was echoing in his head, pressuring him.