Chapter Eighteen

(( Milana's P.O.V. ))

Our time in Australia was beyond amazing. I will never forget the rush of learning an entire set list for a stadium tour in just a few days. It was exhilarating and one of the absolute best feelings I've ever had when performing. I was going to miss it, but I was so excited to join back in with Louis and the boys for the promo of what would be their last album.

There had been no announcement yet, but the decision had been made. There would be no tour for MITAM, and there were no plans for an album to follow. They were still working out how they would make their announcement, but I had suggested something with the song History. It just seemed like an appropriate song to help close out this chapter, in my opinion, but I knew not to push.

The album was going to drop tonight at midnight, and we were put up in a hotel, ready for the boys to appear on Ellen tomorrow for an interview and live performance

The album was going to drop tonight at midnight, and we were put up in a hotel, ready for the boys to appear on Ellen tomorrow for an interview and live performance. I was done performing for any of their gigs, so I was anxious to enjoy the backstage life. I had yet to hold down that role, ever since we started dating.

"Lottie won't be here tomorrow," I told Louis, looking up from where I had been texting his younger sister. "She's travelling with some friends, but she wishes you luck. She said she will still be home for Christmas and your birthday next month."

He let out a long sigh, curling up beside me in the bed. "I am so ready for next month."

"I know you're ready for a break, babe," I smiled softly, reaching up to play with his baby hair at the nape of his neck. "At least this bought of promo is a lot lighter than what you guys are usually stuck with. Just take it easy, and we will be as lazy as you want to be."

"You always know what to say, love," He responded softly, kissing me once before he shut his eyes and promptly fell asleep. I was grateful. He hadn't been sleeping well recently; his sleeping issues were creeping back up, and I think it was due to the finality of this album. I was happy to see him get to sleep easily.

Sometime in the middle of the night, I woke up to use the bathroom. It was still pitch black outside, which wasn't abnormal, but the bed was empty beside me. Where was Louis? I checked my phone: 2:38am. The album had dropped; maybe he was looking at stuff with that. He and Liam were a lot alike about wanting to check in on that kind of thing.

Shrugging it off, I went to use the restroom and grab a glass of water from our kitchenette fridge. When I flipped the small lamp on in the dining area, I almost jumped out of my skin. Louis was sat at the dining table, laptop in his face with the screen light dimmed, typing away and looking like he had been in that same spot all night.

"Oh, M!" He jumped out of his seat and right over to me. "I didn't mean to startle you. What are you doing awake?"

"Me? I had to go to the restroom," I explained. "What are you doing, babe? You look like you've been here all night!" It had been around ten when we got ourselves to sleep last night: more than four hours ago.