Chapter 3

"...itsu, Zenitsu!"

Someone was calling him? Zenitsu opened his eyes and saw the sky again.

"Zenitsu! Thank goodness are you alright?" Shoichi cried, there were tears in his eyes as he looked at him. Zenitsu sat up, his back hurt and he was sprouting a massive headache. His brain felt shooken up too.

"When the room spun around, we got thrown outside and we fell from the second story window" Shoichi said hesitantly, he looked concerned for some reason.

"Did we now?" Shoichi nodded. Zenitsu smiled at him, he was happy to see that Shoichi was okay.

"You were protecting me, so I'm fine, but..."

"I'm glad to hear that. So, why all the tears?" Zenitsu questioned. He went to scratch his head because it felt itchy but when he felt something wet he pulled his hand back and examined it.

His hand it was...

Red.

It-its blood!

"I GET IT NOW! I FELL RIGHT ON MY HEAD, DIDN'T I?"

"Yes" Shoichi replied tearfully.

"Am I gonna- am I gonna die?" Zenitsu's shouting didn't help as he became lightheaded "ahh, my head is starting to spin"

Out of the blue Zenitsu heard loud footsteps approaching them quickly from inside the house. He didn't hear the tsuzumi anymore, and he could faintly hear the sound of Tanjiros heartbeat, as well as three other humans.

"What's this? What's this? What's this?" Zenitsu freaked as it came closer.

"Comin through! Comin through!" Without any warning the doors flew open and that monster burst through from earlier.

"AHHH! THERE IT IS AGAIN! THE MONSTER BOAR!" Zenitsu wailed as he held Shoichi close and turned his back to the boar without realizing it, instinctively protecting him.

The beast just cackled as it looked around "I'm getting a demonic vibe"

Suddenly something clicked in Zenitsus head "Wait a second! It's that guy! I could tell by his voice, he's the fifth survivor of Final Selection! The first to rush up the mountain and back down. Mr. Impatient!"

"Ah, found it!"

Zenitsu followed the Alphas gaze and his heart jumped when he saw Tanjiro's box a few feet away. He was talking about the box? Why? Was he planning to do something to it, or the demon inside? Zenitsu could mull over it long as the guy rushed towards the wooden box and Zenitsu sprung into action. He couldn't let the guy mess with it! It was Tanjiros! And he said it was important to him!

"Stop!!" He yelled as he stopped in front of the box just in time to make the Alpha skid on the ground to stop himself from colliding with the blond. They guy stepped back looking down at him.

"Who the hell are you? Get out of the way!" The Alphas voice commanded his Omega. Every word wanted to make the Omega shrink back in fear but he refused to, this wasn't an Alpha that he had to listen to! Not if it would end up having Tanjiro hurt!

"I'm Zenitsu Agatsuma! I'm with the Demon Slayer Corps like you!"

"Demon Slayer Corps?" The boar leaned down a little, raising his twin jagged swords "Then I shouldn't have to tell you! We gotta get rid of that thing! Now get the hell out of my way!"

"I'm not moving!" Zenitsu yelled back at him. The voice clawed at him to listen to the command but he refused to give into it "This is Tanjiros-"

"Don't argue with me! If that's the case, I'm gonna demolish him and that box together!" He threatened. He swung his sword close to Zenitsu's face, but stopped over his shoulder, his figure was intimidating and Zenitsus body shook in fear and will to reject the commands.