Ch. 37

"Bil I don't know about this

"Bil I don't know about this. She doesn't usually do well without me for long periods of time. Maybe you could take Katie too," I try persuading her.

She has a free day and wants to take Mila to do something fun for the day. It's been a month since we finished the project for her new album and they started promoting like crazy. Because of that, we haven't see each other much. Since I can't take off work just to spend the day with her, she thinks it will be fun to hang out with Mila. Between her crazy fans and the paparazzi I don't think it's safe.

"This is her last week before she starts school. I'm sure she has friends or some shit she would rather hang out with. She's been babysitting all summer."

"I know but-"

"Do you trust me Lissa?"

I roll my eyes at the phone. "Yes."

"Then chill mama. You know I wouldn't let anything bad happen to her. Plus I know you'd kill me," she jokes.

"Fine. I need to leave in the next hour so you better get your ass over here."

"Bet. I'll see you in a few," she says then disconnects the call.

I have no idea why she's so excited to spend time with a one year old anyway. I finish getting ready and get Mila dressed as well. As soon as I mention Billie's name she's bouncing around like a crazy person. It's 7:30 when I hear a knock at the door.

"Come on let's go see Billie," I scoop her up and go to the front door. As if she can predict what's going to happen, Billie screams at the same time as Mila when they see each other.

"Oh my god shut up you idiot," I pull her inside and she's laughing hysterically. "I swear you want me to get kicked out."

"Of course I do. Then my two favorite girls can live with me," she says taking Mila from my arms.

Mila pulls on Billie's shirt trying to show  her the fake tattoo she refused to let me wash off the night before.

"So pretty mama. I like that," Billie smiles.

"I swear you two are going to be the death of me." I grab my bag and keys ready to leave for work when Billie pulls me to her.

"Where's my kiss?"

"Stop playing," I hit her and she laughs. "Lock the door when you leave and try to keep a low profile today Bil. Please."

"Yeah yeah I got it. Bye bye," she uses Mila's hand to wave at me and I leave for work.

I make it half way through the day before getting a text from my friends with screenshots and screen records from Billie's Instagram.

Josie: you really let her watch your child?

Me: she was persistent! They look cute together.

Jasmine: yeah and now everyone wants to know who Mila is.