Chapter 1

Summary:

When Tanjiro stumbles on an odd scene in the middle of the road, and takes it upon on himself to taking care of the situation, he ends up taking care of more then he expected.

______

"South-southeast! Your next mission is located south-southeast!" The Kasugai crow shouted above him multiple times in the past five minutes. Tanjiro told his crow he knew where he was headed yet the bickering didn't cease any less. Tanjiro sighed covering one of his ears to stifle the crows loud voice.

"I heard you! I heard, so give me a break and quiet down!" Tanjiro pleaded hoping the crow would listen to him. The crow only flew down flapping around him and cawing. "I'm begging you! I got the message, so please!"

Suddenly a loud cry startled the pair and both looked over only to see two people on the path. One with a bright yellow fading to dark orange kimono with white triangles was on his knees gripping a girl in a dark lavender kimono by the shoulders and pleading like his life depended on it.

"Please! Please marry me!" The blond haired male begged, with tears in his eyes.

"I could die any day, you know! That's why I want you to marry me! So please! please, im begging you!"

"Wha- what on earth is that about?" Tanjiro questioned as he looked over the odd scene, seamingly out of nowhere a male house sparrow flew from the side, and to Tanjiro who held out his hand in advance for the small bird so it could land. It chirped desperately at him and fluttered its wings to try and prove his point about the situation before him.

"Huh?"

Tanjiro tilted his head at the sparrow and took in all of what he had to say. Eventually after getting the information, Tanjiro nodded at the little sparrow I see, I'll do something about it Tanjiro said, determined to fix the problem ahead of him.

The sparrow looked relieved to be finally understood and promptly flew off to the side. Tanjiro walked to the strange guy and the girl struggling to pry him off as he clinged to her, his face full of tears and snot as he still pleaded to the girl.

"Please help me! Please marry me! I'm begging yo-" he was cut off as Tanjiro yanked him off the girl by his sunset colored kimono.

"What do you think you're doing in the middle of the road?" he shouted at the blond while holding the kimono tightly "Can't you see she wants no part of you? And don't go making trouble for your sparrow, either!"

"T-That uniform? Hey, i know you from final selection" he mumbled as he looked over Tanjiros features, recognizing the kind sound the Alpha made during the time he was around the burgundy haired male after Final Selection was over.

"No one i know is anything like you! I don't know you!" Tanjiro yelled at the teary male.

"But we met, remember! We met, remember?!" The other repeated in haste. "Your the one that has a problem! like your bad memory!"

Then, Tanjiro finally recognized the blond as one of the five survivors from final selection, he had quite a unique scent from other Alphas and Betas he's met before. He took a moment to process this and finally let his grip go of the yellow-orange kimono, turning his attention to the alpha female.

"It's alright now i've taken care of it, you can head home now without any trouble"

"I will. Thank you so very much!" she happily said bowing to show her gratitude to Tanjiro for his help. The male behind Tanjiro watched with wide eyes before he started shouting again.

"Hey! Stay out of my way! She is going to marry me because she's in love with me-" all of a sudden a loud smack rang through the air as the girl smacked the other and continued to hit him multiple times before being held back by Tanjiro.