“Drop your weapon.” I growl. He does as he is told. I stand up and just as I do so, he grabs my legs and throws me back on the ground. I hit my head hard and suddenly everything goes blurry. I hear Will calling my name, but it is faint like he is miles away from me.

                                                                        Will’s P.O.V.

            I saw Estelle fall and hit her head on the dirt. I could just ear the fall and it pained me. She had him—she could have killed him. Mortain hisses beside me and Garth looks at her for a few moments before standing up fully. He turns and looks at me.

            “Well I didn’t think she would go unconscious so I guess she will have to wake up to a dead husband.” Garth says. Suddenly, the circle that was around him and Estelle vanished. Garth started to walk towards me. I shifted quickly and Mortain floated above me.

            I charged at Garth and brought him down easily knocking the sword from his hands. It fell to the ground and I bite at his arm. He screamed and his blood tasted sweet, but sickening. I thought that I was winning this fight. My wolf was almost rejoicing in victory. Then I suddenly felt a hand on me and then freezing coldness spreading throughout my body. I went numb and fell to the ground. I shifted back into a human quickly, but I was helpless on the ground. I was frozen in place.

            “You think you can defeat me?” Garth yells. Mortain was nowhere to be seen. Typical of him to leave when danger was near. My eyes travelled towards Estelle who was still on the ground.

                                                            Estelle’s P.O.V.

            I wake up with my head pounding. I sit up slowly and look around. The last thing that I remember was Garth pulling me to the ground and me hitting my head. I finally spot Garth standing over Will who seems absolutely petrified. I get up to my feet and I close my eyes.

            I had to beat Garth for the sake of Will’s life. I channel the power from the necklace and put it into the sword. The power of Queen Annith and the power of Indra united together and I could feel the power in the sword. My necklace suddenly seemed cold and devoid of energy. I look at the sword and it was glowing.

            Garth brought his sword above his head. He was going to kill Will. I start running with my sword in hand. There was something in my chest that told me to not kill Garth—it was that connection we had. I ignored the feeling and focused my attention on the fact that Garth was going to kill my mate.

            I pull the sword back and jab it forward into the upper left part of his back. Garth drop the sword and it crashes to the ground. He collapses beside Will and I look at him. I could feel the connection become dimmer. Garth looks up at me.

            “You can’t kill me.” He says. I shake my head. Garth was wrong and I knew I could do this.

            “You’re wrong.” I say and then stab him again. As soon as I take the sword out of him, Garth turns into this white dust. I drop the sword. I feel as if I have just lost a part of me. I felt a little empty without Garth in my mind, but it was a good feeling.

            I look down at Will who’s eyes are closed. I put my hands on his chest and he is freezing cold. Definitely not what a werewolf should feel like. Mortain suddenly appears next to me and I look at him with tears in my eyes.

            “What do I do?” I whisper. Mortain looks at Will for a little while.

            “In order to heal him, you must use summer fey magic. Royal magic or some higher power of magic.” Mortain says. Will was practically blue and I knew he would die if I didn’t do anything.