The King and the Sister

After pacing the cold room for a long while I started to crumble. I couldn’t do this and I couldn’t act for the sake of getting the stone back. I wanted to get the hell out of here. I didn’t know when Garth was going to come back, but when he did, he would try to sever my bond with Will. Somehow he could sever Will’s bond without severing his own. 

            I easily shifted into a wolf. Now I shift when I don’t really need to. I roll my werewolf eyes and curse at my wolf for failing me earlier. I then walk over to the window and look down. There was a snowy roof right under my window. I could escape by breaking through the window and then making my way back to the woods. It was worth a shot. I back up all the way to the door and take a deep breath. Then I run straight for the window. The impact would hurt but at least I would be free. I slam my body into the window and expect to fly out onto the cold roof, but instead I bounce back. I howl from the pain and the surprise that the window didn’t break. I look at the window and saw no cracks or anything. The window was unbreakable. I shit back and hold my aching shoulder. I would heal in just a few minutes, but it still hurt.  

            I finally give up and sit down on the couch. It cold and stiff but at least I could sit down on something. I spotted a blanket and took it off the rack. I wrapped it around myself and sat down on the couch. I hated the fact that there was literally nothing to do in Arcadia. I couldn’t watch television or anything like that. There was nothing to pass the time with. I want to send a message to Will but I wasn’t sure if he was with Adrik or not. I didn’t want him to do something stupid like get himself caught or killed.

            I was actually really scared that I would never have the same bond with Will again if Garth did sever our bond. We would still be mates and still be married, but our connection would be loss and I wouldn’t feel as close to him. That was one my worst fears. Will was my everything even if we fought and didn’t always agree. He was the one person I couldn’t imagine my life without. I was lying on the couch, staring at the ceiling when a female fey walked in. She had long black hair, blue skin, beautiful violet eyes, and huge black wings. The only thing that scared me about her was when she smiled—she had razor sharp teeth. She had a box in her hands and her wings went inwards and they were suddenly gone.

            “Good evening.” She says setting the box down on the other couch. I sit up and stare at her. She really was beautiful in the whole Fey morbid way.

            “What in the box?” I ask wiping my eyes. She looks up at me and for once I don’t see hate in an Unseelie’s eyes. She looks a little sad, intrigued and maybe a little excitement. Maybe she liked hanging out with people from earth.

            “An evening gown. Garth wants you to put in on for dinner tonight.” I roll my eyes and cross my arm. Hell no was I going to dinner with him. I hated Garth and his father.

            “There is no way I am going to dinner with him. I hate him and I’d rather eat my own arm off.” I say with malice. The fey girl laughs and uncovers the rest of the box. The dress was beautiful in its midnight black glory but I still would wear it.

            “My brother can be a little forward sometimes.” She says thoughtfully. I eye her. Brother? Garth has a sister. They looked nothing alike. She had blue skin and Garth did not. He had brown eyes and she had violet.

            “I didn’t know he had a sister. You two look nothing alike.” I say. She looks at me and sits down on the couch next to the gown that was still in the box. It was probably her gown.

            “He does. We look a lot alike, he’s just using his glamour to appeal more to you.” She says. Glamour…I read about that in the history books. It was the magic that Fey used and they could change the way they looked and all this other stuff.