chapter eleven

shout out to f-frank for making me laugh w/ his funny comments thanks bruh

Bob and Ray ended up being more useful than Frank had predicted when he'd first considered telling them about his task. After all, taking over the entire school didn't seem like a two-man job. Or one man, if Gerard was going to keep being a bitch.

They'd spent the entirety of study hall talking and devising a plan. The teacher was completely hammered and rolling around lazily at her desk, so she didn't mind too much when the class talked.

On the night of the dance, Frank was going to distract Jamia while Bob and Ray helped students escape. Since everyone would be in the same place, it wouldn't be hard to do.

I'm pretty sure just fucking her would be a great distraction, Bob said for the thousandth time. It's not like she has powers and will be able to tell you hate her guts.

Frank squirmed uncomfortably in his seat. I couldn't do that to someone. I don't think I could make myself do that, either.

It's not that hard, Bob complained. Just imagine she's Gerard or something.

Ray laughed at this, and Frank groaned in embarrassment, shutting his eyes. No, gross. Stop, stop, He shook his head. Gerard's literally the most horrible person I know, please don't.

But not the straightest person you know any more, huh? Ray chimed, and Frank threw a pencil at him. Gerard's . . . something, okay?

Ray grabbed his wrist, and Frank tried violently to shake him off but failed. "Aha!" Ray yelled, reading his thoughts easily. "You kissed him!"

Frank licked his finger and rubbed it on Ray's hand, making him let go.

"What did I say?" Bob shrugged, and Frank struggled to explain. "It wasn't like that! It wasn't, romantic or, uh, sexual or anything."

"Then you've got to redo it, duh." Ray said. "Got to have a good spit-swap, you know? Can't leave it on a bad one."

"What you need," Bob said loudly. "Is to get laid."

"What do you people not understand about this?" Frank said, irritated. "Are you tripping, or something? Gerard and I aren't a thing! It's not happening, alright?"

"Okay, we'll go back to the plan." Bob agreed. "Are you sure we can't just kill Jamia? Then it'd be so much easier to break out."

"I'm positive." Frank said. "We're not killing anyone."

"Class is probably over anyway," Ray said, shooting the teacher a half-hazard look before packing up his stuff. "We've got an hour before dinner, want to come to the courtyard with Bob and me?"

"Hey, who said I was hanging out with you?" Bob asked, as Frank shook his head. "I've got a lot of work, I'm going to go back to my room."

"Suit yourself," Ray shrugged as Frank nodded bye, exiting the room and going down to his dorm. In all honesty, he just wanted a small break. Usually, the amount of voices and thoughts was manageable, but it was almost impossible to block out minds that were focused on you. And that's all that had been happening, all day. He just needed a moment to himself.

When Frank opened the door to his dorm, Gerard was asleep, curled up on his bed. His brows twitched in his sleep, but it didn't feel as if he were going to wake up anytime soon. It looked as if he'd fallen asleep while doing schoolwork, with a pencil in one hand and a book in the other. Sheets of homework were spread around him, but the papers in his hand were different than the others. They were smaller, lighter almost.