Her soft snores filled the dim confines of his Rolls Royce Phantom Limo, a closed panel separated them from his driver, Dmitry.

The scenery and his detka in his arms soothed him. It has been a while since he felt like this. Contentment and happiness.

It will take at least an hour to arrive at their destination. They were going home. To her address on file.

It was a strategic decision for him. She wouldn't be able to escape him if they sleep in her bed. And he wouldn't let her kick him out either. He smirked. Dominic congratulated himself.

He was aware several black SUVs were following them. Alec and his men. He had to be always careful at all times, especially with his woman asleep in their car.

Exhaustion has also taken over. Almost a first. He was usually so restless to sleep. Let alone lower his guard. But tonight... He glanced down fondly once more. He will doze and should be refreshed when they get there. Another great idea. It will give his balls time to recuperate.

With the warm weight in slumber on his lap, he fell into a restful nap.

***

Five firm raps on the car door woke him. He looked down, his woman was still asleep. She had not even stirred.

His agile body got out of the confines of the backseat with her secured in his embrace. He paused to look around him. Not a neighbor on site. She lived in a tiny cottage with a well-manicured lawn three miles from the outskirts of the city. Fuck! She was all alone living in an almost deserted place without protection. His jaw ticked at the thought of her in danger.

They will have a long talk, among other things, when she wakes up. She stirred in his arms, he leaned to kiss her temple, she hummed then went back to sleep.

Dominic walked to the front of the cottage. The door opened with Alec's picking expertise. He went straight to the only door he could see at the end of the narrow hallway.

It was open. The bedroom was small but it will do.

His lips twitched, admiring her bed, at least it was big enough to fit the two of them. He laid her on top of the covers, and she clung to him, whining her protests.

"Shhhh...I won't go anywhere, moya lyubov. Let me strip and I'll join you in a minute." He soothed her and nuzzled her fragrant hair. She sighed in satisfaction and went back to sleep.

"Hmmm, Dom..." Beau mumbled.

His lips curve gently. She looked so innocently adorable. He shrugged out of his coat, unbutton his cuffs then paused....shit! His men.

He found Alec eating a lemon meringue pie in the kitchen. His general grinned at him. He narrowed his eyes despite his good mood.

"Your take-out is in the fridge, tzar."Alec pointed and preceded to devour his pie.

Dominic nodded. His eyes roamed the cottage's small interior.

The living room that connected with the kitchen was squeaky clean. Not a speck of dust. Earthy and delicate colors adorned the place. From what he observed, his woman loved shades of red. The information was something to file for future reference, for the interior designer of their new home.

With regards to that, "Have you found a suitable estate?" He queried. His attention back to Alec.

"Of course, my friend. The complete layout is at your desk. The market price though..." He halted, noticing the mafia leader's raised hand.

"Doesn't matter. Have the interior designer incorporate shades of red in the master suite. Does it have  neighboring properties?" Alec nodded. Mouth full. "Buy them too, for yourself and our men. I want all the corners of the land secured."