Chapter 16

Haji's POV

Saya was asleep when we arrived at base so I scooped her up and held her tightly to me. Kai brought in our stuff for us and bid me good night. I pulled out my cello and sat on the bed beside Saya and played for her, hopefully warding off her nightmares. I played various songs that I had written while Saya was in her hibernation's, she loves OUR song the most though, the one she said that if I could play she would allow me to be by her side. So it was my perfected piece, the one that I had worked on the most. Once I was done I sighed and looked at Saya's sleeping form, Julia said I wouldn't really need to sleep but she said that I could sleep if I wanted to. I guess it was worth the try. I took off my jacket and crawled up and laid beside Saya, she immediately turned towards me and snuggled into my chest. I smiled softly and stroked her hair, it was more calming to me than it probably was to her. I leaned my head on top of hers and closed my eyes. 

~~~Saya's POV~~~

I woke to alarms blaring in my ears, and red lights flashing. I tumbled off of the bed and on to the cold floor. Haji was already up looking around for the threat. Images of what happened on the ship flew through my mind and I was momentarily paralyzed in fear. What was going on? I smelt blood in the air...lots of it. 

"Haji." I said and he tossed me my sword which I unsheathed and cut my palm on

We ran into the corridors, following the scent of blood, it was over whelming. When we ran outside we saw the demophagus waiting for us. It's eyes bright and vivid, like they were laughing at me. Kai ran to us from where he was standing trying to shoot at it

"Saya! Its the demophagus!" He yelled

"Go get David and Louis!" I call as I charge towards the monster

How many lives have been lost? How much innocent blood has been shed? Why? I attacked with a force unleashed from something deep inside me. When I thought of the innocent dead rage poured through me fresh and hot giving me renewed strength. Haji was at my side guarding me like a jewel. The monster let out a low growl as I repeatedly slashed through it cutting deep into its skin. It swiped its claws along my body opening gashes, blood spraying into the air. I grunted but didn't stop. I would defeat this thing. 

Why wouldn't this thing die? How did it follow us?

"Saya...you will go to Hell...where you belong." It spoke to me

The fact that it talked to me startled me to where I stopped moving and it took the opportunity to send me flying back into the metal wall creating an indention

"I won't let you have her." Haji growled

So Haji heard it too. Good to know that I wasn't going crazy.

"Oh but you're going with her." It said before leaping away before I even had the chance to attack it again