Chapter 1

( Disclaimer: I do not own Blood+ or any of the characters in it. I wish, However I don't. Blood+ and characters belong to Junichi Fujisaku.)

-Saya's Pov-

The blood. It clung to me in thick, massive sheets. My eyes burning a bright red. I held onto my blade as I sliced through another chiropteran my ears alert as I heard gun shots off from my right, knowing Kai was doing his best to hold his own against the massive beasts, that swarmed us like a hive of angry bees.  Haji stood at my back, guarding me like my own shadow. We had been fighting for what seemed like hours, knowing it had only been a matter of minutes. Still we kept on. 

The moon casted shadows around us making me confuse trees for the beasts we faced. My head swiveled back and forth in desperation to try, and finish off the final remaining few that had survived. I heard something whirl past me, and pain exploded in my stomach. I looked down to see a chiropteran claw showing through my stomach. I nearly hurled at the sight. I slit my hand along the blade of my katana, watching as my crimson life force oozed into the grooves, along the blade. I stabbed blindly behind me, and a small smile formed on my face as I heard the hard piercing of flesh. 

"Saya!" Haji called out his voice in distress. He quickly grabbed me pulling me away from the beast as he shattered in red dust. As Haji set me down carefully, oblivious to the gaping hole in my stomach, I moved away from him doubling over blood spewing from my mouth. I saw fear rush across his face, and he held me up right, the blood trickling down the side of  my mouth, that hung agape. 

"Saya...your stomach." He said not another word, but lifted me effortlessly carrying me close to his body, and although I could tell he was trying to be gently with each step, I still let out a small moan in pain.

"Kai. We must leave. Now." Haji called over to him, his voice urgent,and Kai ran over to us, my eyes were half lidded, but I could still see Kai as he looked at me, he face twisted into an expression of agony. The darkness slowly began to enveloping me, pulling me deeper and deeper into an abyss. I tried to fight against it, but it was too strong.

~~~~~~~~~

Pain rippled through me as if i was being sliced mutilated. I groaned in agony, withering under the weight of my pain. I could feel myself crying, yet my eyes remained closed, and I was left in the darkness with only my pain to keep my company. But through the pain, I felt a soft touch on my forehead, as I came to my senses. Slowly but surely, I attempted to open my eyes, only to close them quickly finding even the dimmest light a searing pain to my retna. I heard soft hushed voices around me, and shuffling followed by another weight siting next to me gripping my hand tightly.

I opened my eyes finaaly adjusting to the dim light, I looked over and saw Kia holding my hand in his tightly. I bolted up. Bad move. Falling back down, a sharp cry escaping my pale pink lips. 

"Saya. Please. Don't move." I heard Haji whisper softly.

I only groaned as I tried to form words, finding my throat sand paper dry. I felt the cool rim of a glass pushed up to my lips, and I drank thirstily. Regaining a little strength I managed to sit myself upright, leaning against the pillows that were fluffed out behind me. 

"W-what...happened?" I finally croaked out after several attempts to speak.

"I failed to protect you, and a chiropteran cut through your stomach. You shouldn't move too much as to not break the stitches." He said in a low voice, a voice lined with guilt.

"How many chiropteran got away?" I continued on, my voice finally complying with my demands to speak.

"We don't know. For all we know that could have been just a small portion of the colony." Kai stated.

Groaning I swung my legs over the side of the bed, feeling the soft cotton lining that went around my torso many times overlapping. I needed to feed.