Bonded for life...Wait don't I get a say in this? Ch. 2

Okay so this part is in Zane's Point of View and it's kind of Repetive but it has important information in it! Thanks to those who voted and commented!

Vote and comment :)

**********************

 Zane's point of view

I was running through the forest as fast as my legs would take me. My breath was coming out in pants; a stabbing pain coursing through my side every time I drew in a breath.

I could feel that they were behind me. Feel hot breath on the back on my neck.

I urged myself to go faster. Begged my legs to find stable footing.

I broke through a clearing and was forced to come to a stop. I had come to the edge of a cliff. I turned my back to the cliff and searched the forest. My eyes were darting back and forth along the edges looking for any sign of movement.

The wind picked up and a fierce howling went through the air. The hair on the back on my neck stood up.

I scanned the forest again and my heart skipped a few beats before pounding rapidly as I made eye contact with red glowing eyes.

It moved out of the forest and attacked before I could blink.

I sat straight up in and bed swallowing the scream that was stuck in my throat. Sweat rolled down my temple and my shirt was plastered to me. I took a deep breath and counted to ten.

Counting always calmed me down.

I glanced around my room. It was a pretty basic room. The four walls were painted a dark blue. Against one wall was a bay window that opened out with a view of the forest.

The other walls were completely bare. I had nothing to decorate them with even though I had been here nearly three months. I looked at the clock. 3:45.

I groaned and fell back on my bed but ended up just staring at the ceiling. When dawn came I got up and took a long hot shower.

I went downstairs and rummaged through the fridge trying to find something to eat.

"Ugh. Do I have to take him Brain?" a loud, disapproving voice said. It seemed to becoming from the dinning room.

"Yes Aidan you do. Why are you being so reluctant you've never had trouble helping the newbie's adjust before?" A calm voice answered.

"Yeah well those ones didn't bring trouble to our front doorstep!" the person, Aidan, was full on yelling now. "Think about Zoey!"

I cringed at that name. Since the moment I got here Aidan has been saying that phrase over and over. He made it very clear that Zoey was his girl. Aidan still hadn't warmed up to me being here either.

"Do you doubt my ability to protect her?" Brian's reply was calm but now there was a deadly tone to it. I knew that Brian was also fond of this girl but didn't know why.

Before Aidan could answer I pushed open the swinging door that led to the kitchen and joined in on their conversation.

"Look I already told you that I would stay away from this chick. I'm not even interested in getting to know anyone. If it wasn't for your 'rules' then I wouldn't' be going." I stared Aidan down. Brian had the decency to look ashamed at getting caught talking about me but Aidan only met my stare.

"She's not just some chick." Okay poor use of words but I wasn't about to take them back.

"Whatever. Why do I even have to go to school? Why can't I just leave?" I already knew the answer. We had had this conversation before but I just couldn't stop myself from repeating it.