Bonded for life...Wait don't I get a say in this?

I won't ever be perfect. It's something that I figured out long ago. Unfortunately...My mom still hasn't. Ever since middle school my mom has been forcing me into advance programs. Most of the time I barely manage to pass them but that doesn't matter to her.

In a way its sweet what she's been putting me through...in a weird, sickening way. She has her reasons though.

My mom had been born and raised in Amherst. She had married right out of high school and had me in her first few years of marriage. Sadly my father didn't stay for long. Around the age of 3 he just up and left and we haven't seen him since. She doesn't want that life for me.

So like I said what my mom was doing was pretty sweet. She wanted me to go somewhere with my life. Do something big. Be someone big. It didn't matter where or what as long as it wasn't in Amherst.

But I just wanted to live my life.

Sometimes all the pressure was just too much.

Like for instance this morning and how I had slept right through my alarm. I had stayed up late studying for a test in calculus and didn't fall asleep till around three which I barely got enough sleep to function. Yay me.

My mom came stomping in like an angry bull, face all red, eyes bulging out and I could have sworn that steam was coming out of her ears and nose as she ripped back my covers.

"Zoey Mae you get out of that bed this instance. Unless you are on your death bed you will be going to school." I groaned and pulled my covers back over my head. "Five minutes Zoey." My mom left my room slamming the door behind her. I groaned again and got up pausing to stretch my muscles.

I rushed into the bathroom to take a shower and then ran back out begging my eyes to focus on the number on my alarm clock.

6:45 Crap! I didn't have time for a shower today. Luckily I took one last night before doing my homework. I threw my blonde hair into a messy pony tail and lightly put on some black eye liner and mascara. I always liked that the black brought out my blue eyes but at the same time I hated my blue eyes.

Having blonde hair and blue eyes I generally got judged to be a dumb blonde. It was my biggest pet peeve. I'm positive that I'm smarter than most of the people at my school who aren't blonde and I'm not even being conceited.

I always thought that I would one day die my hair a different color and get colored contacts but as my mom pointed out I had a color that people would kill for and it's not worth giving up.

I walked to my closet and picked out a gray button down shirt with three quarter length sleeves and a pair of dark jeans. I quickly put on my converse then grabbed my backpack from where it laid by the end of my bed. I risked a glance at my clock. Bad move. It was now five minutes after seven and I had zero hour in twenty minutes.

I made my way down stairs towards the front door only stopping in the kitchen to grab an apple.

When I got to the front door I shouted a goodbye to my mom and headed off to school. I only lived a few blocks away from school so it was good walking distance and I got there in record time.

Amherst High School had to be the most boring school on the planet. It was basically one big two story square building. Being made of gray concrete didn't help either. Amherst High School in big black letters was spread out across the front of the school. Under the name was a depiction of a wolf trying to be foreboding. To say it failed miserably would be an understatement.

I ran up the stairs leading to the school and pushed open the doors. I expected to hear the busy chatter of students making their way to zero hour but instead there were only a few students hear and there talking amongst themselves.