Chapter 25

It was a month after Mark visited his mother's grave. He walked up the driveway to Natalia's house and knocked on the door.

"Mr. Jenson! May I come in?" Ralph stepped aside

"Nats is not home-"

"I'm aware. She went job hunting, right?" Ralph nodded his head and told Mark to enter the sitting room.

"It's Saturday today, are you not meant to be working?"

"I thought talking to you would be more important. And anyways, I only go in every two weeks to give in my projects."

"Tea, Mark?" Carly asked. Over the month, Carly and Ralph both managed to settle down and come to an understanding.

"No thanks. I just wanted to talk about Talia." Ralph leaned forward and took the glass of water that Carly put on the table.

"I was actually going to come and talk to you about that. She has been a bit distant nowadays and I was wondering if she said anything?"

"Not really. If she is upset, then it's only for like ten minutes." Carly smiled at him and Ralph nodded his head. "Anyways...I came here to ask permission for Natalia to become my wife. I know we are still young but you were younger when you married your first wife."

"Look where that got me. I appreciate you coming here and asking me but I say no."

"But, Mr. Jenson, I will make it work. We both will. I love Natalia so much and I will do anything to make our marriage work. But if you believe that I am not the one then I shall prove that I am worthy of Natalia." Natalia opened the front door with a sigh.

"Stupid people," she muttered. Carly cleared her throat and went to meet her daughter at the door. "Don't even say anything, Mum. I don't wanna talk to anyone right now." Mark stood and Natalia almost ran into his arms.

"Careful," he said as he was pushed back a step. He put his arms around her and sighed. "Vent it out."

"I was just gonna call you to come over. I missed you." She tightened her arm around his waist. "Those stupid people, Mark. They are so annoying. They always say the same thing. I'm not experienced enough. I don't look the part. No one wants me!" Mark rubbed her back and smiled when he felt less bones. She's finally gaining weight.

"That's not true. We all love you and we all want you. Forget them. Now come on, cheer up." He put his hand on her stomach and then began to tickle her.

"Stop!" He kissed her forehead when he saw her smiling. "Thank you."

"No problem." Mark let go of her when he felt Ralph staring at him. Natalia walked into the kitchen, took out two glasses and filled them with homemade lemonade.

"Two minutes," Ralph muttered. He slapped Mark on the back. "I say yes."

"Thank you, Mr.Jenson, I won't let you down." Natalia walked over to him with a glass and smiled.

"Yes to what? And what two minutes?"

"Urm...Letting me take you out all day and returning you two minutes past midnight. Latest." Ralph groaned and glared at Mark before closing the sitting room door. Mark and Natalia both went up to her room. Once the door was closed, they put down the glasses and Natalia attacked Mark's lips with her own.

"Hmm, not that I don't mind, but calm down," Mark said with a chuckle.

"My dad said yes? I'm guessing?"

"Yeah. He said no at first but thanks to you being sad he said yes. You picked the right time to be sad." Mark kissed her again and sighed in comfort. "I love you."

"I love you too." Natalia smiled and then lay down on the bed. Mark lay beside her. She pushed him onto his back and Natalia lay on top of him.

"You're gaining weight."

"I am? That's great, isn't it?"

"That's fantastic news. You're getting better, Talia." An hour later Carly knocked on the door, gave them enough time to get decent and opened the door. Ralph came up behind her and frowned at the position they were in. Natalia, however, was tracing her finger along the arm that was around her waist and was still talking.

"But, I mean, did you talk to Jenna about your mum?"

"I actually have. Sometimes I go into her room or she comes into mine and we just talk about mum. Thank you for taking me there, Talia."

"That's okay...I want you to tell me about her someday. Not now." Mark sighed and looked up at Natalia's parents.

"We do know you're there," Natalia said. Ralph cleared his throat and stepped in.

"Sanjit said he wants to invite his girlfriend. I've never met her and you know her best and we were wondering if you know what she likes to eat. Sanjit is not gonna tell us. He is still mad about his ps3 and X-box."

"She doesn't like beef. That's all. I'll ask her to make sure." Natalia put her hand up and Mark gave her the phone. "I'll text her and let you guys know later." She rolled off Mark and then stood up. "Mum, is dinner ready?"

"We were thinking of ordering, sweety. Mark, you staying?"

"No, Mrs.Jenson. My dad wanted me to meet someone at dinner so I'll get going." Mark grabbed his jacket from the bed rest and gave Natalia a kiss on her forehead. "I love you. I'll call you later, okay?" She nodded her head with a smile and watched as he took his glass of lemonade with him. It was when she heard the front door close when she saw his car keys on the table. She opened the window and saw him turn around.

"Babe! Up here!"

"Rapunzel, let down you-"

"Just take it," she said as she dropped it down. He winked at her when he caught it and blew a kiss. Natalia laughed quietly to herself and shut the window.

"Daddy, you like him, don't you?" Ralph moved the hair out of her face and sighed.

"My dear, as long as you're happy."

"But do you?" she asked again.

"I do. A lot."

"He's such a nice man, Daddy. He's always here for me. And even when he's not here, he's here. I just want you to like him, Daddy."

"I just said I do," Ralph said as he playfully glared at her.