Chapter two, 2018, field trip, part four

Start from the beginning

Bounty in his arms Ruy continued down the street to the jeering of school mates behind him. While Kuri protested loudly he didn't feel her resiting at all. If anything she clung to his neck in a way that balanced out her weight between his arms. His suspicions proved true when they rounded a corner and she simply jumped out of his arms with a happy grin on her face.

"That was fun," she said. "Let's do that again!"

Ryu shook his head and shook his arms to get rid of the leaden feeling. Kuri wasn't exactly light weight, being taller than himself and all, and a few blocks with her in his arms was more than his muscles asked for.

"Don't say it!" Ryu muttered when he saw Kuri's lips starting to move. Urufu probably wouldn't have felt the need to loosen up his arms. By now there was an almost ten kilograms difference between them, and all of it was muscles and bone. Where Urufu found time to study Ryu simply didn't understand, because the tall boy never gave up on his training.

"Ryu," Kuri began as they made their way into the city by foot, "I might have to spend a year touring after I graduate."

Graduation still lay over a year in the future, but Ryu had gotten used to the arrivals planning further ahead in their futures compared to those who really were as old as they looked. "What about it?" he asked. Kuri wouldn't have opened the topic if it didn't concern him.

"I'll take a one year break before entering university, and I'll pick one where I can concentrate on my modelling."

"Yes?" Ryu glanced at his side and searched Kuri's face for clues.

"We'll be apart, and I won't even join your university when I come back home." She met his eyes. "Are you fine with that?"

I'm not sure you're even aware of it, but you said 'home'. Ryu grinned. "Yeah, yeah I'm fine with that." He knew she didn't understand the real reason for his mirth, but it didn't matter. If wherever he was counted as home for her, no then he didn't mind at all. "Just make sure you keep in touch." He hesitated a little. "I'll try to visit you from time to time. Comfortable with that?"

The smile he received from Kuri lit up his heart. "Yes, I'm very, very comfortable with that."

***

Noriko shrugged once as her brother vanished around a corner with Kuri in his arms. She might not be entirely on speaking terms with her brother yet, but most of the outright antagonism from last autumn was gone now. Most of it due to a huge debt she owed Yukio and Kyoko. There were still rumours about the oversexed couple floating around.

The next time Noriko shrugged was the following evening when Ryu and Kuri failed to show up at their hotel. As far as Noriko was concerned the couple could take some of the heat from Yukio and Kyoko. Besides, Noriko had no doubt about who were the really oversexed ones – she herself most definitely didn't belong to that group.

That thought filled her with more than a little consternation. Urufu was painfully slow in that department. When asked, a week or so earlier, Kuri confirmed her suspicions. It wasn't that people born in Sweden during the 1960s shied away from sex during their teens. Kuri was adamant that Urufu behaved like the king of morons. If he spent half a year with a girlfriend who wanted nothing more than to get close and cuddly with him and still not took her to his bed then something was seriously wrong with him.

Like I needed to be told that, Noriko growled silently. There was so much wrong with him she sometimes wondered why she had ever fallen in love with him at all.