19

"Of course, I made it." Virgil pulled Roman through and laughed at the childlike wonder that filled the prince's eyes. Virgil giggled softly to himself as he stuffed his hands into his pocket waiting for Roman to be ready to head out. They ported to the closest gate but they weren't there yet. They still had to walk to their destination.

"How the fuck?" Roman was lost. He felt like a child again entering the magic tent. "Now that had to be magic!" Roman jumped giggling as he turned to Virgil not noticing the fear in the other's eyes due to his excitement. Roman blushed as he grabbed Virgil's hand and just beam. "How? How'd to do that? How did you make that?" His hyperactivity was coming out full force as he turned back to the door as he peeked in to see his bedroom still there. He couldn't help but screech like the fanboy he was. "God I love magic!" Virgil grabbed his arm pulling his attention back to him and Roman just smiled.

'You do?'

"Do I what?" Virgil frowned as Roman laughed.

'You said you loved magic.'

"I've always loved magic." Virgil's eyes lit up as Roman narrowed his eyes with a soft smile. "It's just been a fascination of mine. The way the movies portray it... Even the things those witches were able to do. I mean the dragon witch created fireworks out of thin air!" Roman jumped with excitement as Virgil smirked a bit.

"Normally when one mentions the dragon witch it's not with admiration." Roman frowned as Virgil looked away. "It's usually fear."

"Well, she did curse the entire void to suffer from these curses. When people are suffering it's easier to put the blame on someone. Don't you hate her?" Virgil laughed as he shook his head.

"It wasn't her fault." Virgil started walking off ignoring Roman's confusion who just bearly managed to read what he had said before Virgil turned around completely.

"You know you're an odd one Anxiety." Virgil shot the prince a look as Roman frowned. "What I mean is... You don't fit Thomas's mold. You're capable of such amazingly magical things. Plus it's like our relationship turned on its head the moment we mutually came out about our curses... largely do to you. I just... I feel like I know nothing about you but at the same time... I know more than anyone else."

"Well, technically Logan knows more than anyone." Roman stopped short as Virgil kept going. "He knows about my past and everything. He's known since before..." Virgil paused noticing Roman wasn't beside him anymore and frowned. "Roman?"

"Back here." Virgil turned to see Roman standing there with this sad look in his eyes. "You two have quite the relationship don't you." Virgil shot the prince a confused look as he laughed a bit.

"Well, yeah. Logan's been there for me since I was 10." Roman held back the wince as his chest tinged in pain. Why did that hurt him? Was Logan Virgil soulmate? Was that why Virgil was getting better? Why did that hurt? Roman frowned as his thoughts spiraled. It hurt to see Virgil hurting. It hurt to know Virgil could be destined to be with another man. Did Roman really care that much about the anxious one? Why? Virgil was practically perfect. He was far out of Roman's league. Even if Roman did care about Virgil, it would never happen. Virgil found his soulmate. "I care for him deeply."

"Do you love him?" Virgil was taken back by the sudden question as Roman smiled over at him. Roman didn't know why he asked that, but he supposed he needed to know. He had to... 

"What?"

"Do you love, Logan?" Virgil laughed as he truly thought about it.

"Well, yeah I guess so." Virgil could see the way Roman's body shook. The prince's eyes were dull and Virgil didn't understand what was wrong. Even if Roman wasn't showing anything, in fact, he was still smiling, it was clear he was upset. "Roman, what's wrong?"