"Interested in me? Am I a book or what that she is interested in me?", Manik frowned.

Abhi burst out laughing while Mukti gaped at him. Nandu nodded her head in disbelief. "What's your name?", she asked Manik, an amused look on her face.

"You were fighting with me since the day we met. How can you yell on a stranger all these days without even knowing my name?", asked Manik, confusedly.

Nandu banged her fists on the table. "Are you the Prime Minister of India?"

"No"

"Then? Name?"

"Manik"

"Look Manik, things will become complicated later. Go sort your feelings with her. And if you really want to take advice, just stay away from her. She isn't a girl of your interests", Nandu advised cautiously to the boy she met a few days back, feeling hesitant of offending him.

"I know. But she never gives me a chance to speak. She lied to mom that we are friends", he complained much to Nandu's relief but his words did trigger the anger in her.

"So? Did someone stick your mouth with glue? Why don't you go and tell your mom, you aren't friends with her and she is forcing herself on you?", she yelled in irritation as she leaned over the table.

Instinctively, Manik stuck more into his chair. But the whole scene made Abhimanyu smirk. "Aren't you a bit more interested in him than necessary?"

Nandu took a glass of water and threw it on Abhimanyu's face. Both Manik and Abhi stood up due to shock as Mukti facepalms herself. Giving a tissue to Abhimanyu, Manik mustered all his courage to question the fiercely looking Nandini sitting in front of him. "Why did you throw water at him?"

"Why don't you ask him? Abhimanyu ji, do you even want to know the reason?", Nandini smiled sarcastically.

Abhimanyu gulped his saliva down. "No, I am absolutely fine. Thank you."

Manik patted his back sympathetically. "Don't be scared, Abhimanyu. When you haven't done anything wrong, never be afraid of anyone."

Nandu slapped his hand that was there on the table. "Oye, textbook. Just shut up, okay." She passed a glare in his direction before glancing at Abhimanyu. "Mr. Abhimanyu Thakkar, where the hell were you sleeping on the day you decided to ditch me?"

His eyes widened. Not every day did The Nandini Murthy gets angry at her best friend and provide the much-needed entertainment for her fellow students who were already speculating the possible reasons. Praying for his life, he tried to keep his tone obvious. "I told you, Mukti was sick, didn't I?"

"Mukti was sick. And as far as I know, you are not Mukti unless you had undergone a gender transformation day before yesterday, the possible reason for you to skip the college."

"Okay, listen. I know you are super pissed right now and hence you have the worst logic at the moment. But do you really think that with gender transformation you would still have the privilege of listening to this gorgeous voice of mine?", asked Abhimanyu, which even to Manik felt like asking for a death wish.

He must have noticed the death glare Nandini was passing him and chuckled. "That isn't working I guess", he gulped his saliva down in fear. "Mukti was sick and well, as you didn't have any idea about it and I remember you telling me about some meeting with the principal, I stayed back to take care of her." He blabbered in a go and took a deep breath.

Nandu rolled her eyes. "Yeah, right. You were taking care of her. From where? Uske room ki khidki ke bahar se, right? Because you don't have the guts to go inside her house alone."

"What am I supposed to do when her parents are in?", he pouted.

"You could have messaged me. I would have skipped the classes," she too pouted, sadly. "You know how bored I was?"

Manik jumped into the conversation just remembering their fight the other day. "When were you bored? You didn't even bother to stop yelling at me since that day."

Nandu glared at Manik. "I asked you to shut up, didn't I?"

Abhimanyu took the cue to apologize properly and grabbed both her hands. "Sorry, Nandu. It won't happen ever again. I am really sorry from the bottom of my heart. Ab toh maaf karde apne is bechare se saathi ko."

Nandu suppressed a smile. "But on one condition." Abhimanyu raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Please apni iss Hindi dictionary ko bandh kar."

"So, we are fine right?"

Nandu nodded in a yes. He flashed his teeth at her and stood up from his seat. Walking up to her, he picked her up and twirled her around. "MURTHY, I MISSED YOU SO MUCH."

She spread her arms out, giggling. "THAKKAR, I MISSED YOU MORE THAN YOU CAN EVEN IMAGINE."

Their screams grabbed the attention of fellow students present in the canteen. Some smiled at their friendship while others rolled their eyes being jealous but none dared to utter a word. They have an idea about what happens if someone messes up with Nandini Murthy or her friends. Mukti and Manik smiled at them as Abhimanyu puts her down. Grinning, Mukti too jumps into the hug turning it into a group hug. Confused about the trio's emotions, Manik stood awkwardly in his place and waited for them to break their hug. Their small get-together was interrupted by Hariprasad, the college peon.

Nandu beamed at the peon.

"Hari bhaiya, baitiye na", she said, pulling a chair for him as she herself sat on a chair.

"Nandini beta, aapke papa aaye hai principal sir se milne. Aapko bulane bheja tha mujhe yahan. Aap milne aayengi unse?" Getting a nod from Nandu, he leaves the canteen without caring about the sniggers from the other students in the canteen. [Nandini, your father has come to meet the principal. They are asking for you. Will you come?]

Nandu smiled widely at her friends. "So, my loving dad is here. Let me not make him wait. See you soon." Manik noticed the disturbed looks on Abhimanyu and Mukti but found Nandu winking at them. Thinking it as some inside joke of theirs, he went to order some food for everyone.

A/N - Honestly, every time I am editing any chapter of this book, I am ending up writing different versions of each either because of the Pov or because the chapter feels uneventful. This learning phase and the new writing style is messing up my drafts. :P

I don't know how the chapter is but there is Alya. As I have already said every character is only a minor one used only to move the story forward except Nandini and the Malhotras including our very own Alya. Sorry, if you didn't like this one. I didn't so, it's fine. 

Spoiler - A major reason behind writing this book will be revealed in the next chapter. Until then, keep guessing. ;)