I kept my eye on her as I stopped shooting. "I have her. Find the other three," I spoke to my team in Russian. 

I jumped over the edge, smoothly landing on top of a car, denting the roof in the process. A police car came speeding toward me, and I didn't hesitate to load another grenade, blowing the car and its driver to pieces. 

I loaded the gun as I slowly walked through the street. Most civilians had fled, which gave me a clearer view of who I was supposed to kill and who I had to leave alone. 

My ear picked up a quiet sound to my right and I stopped. I crouched to the ground beside the silver car and listened. I plucked a sound-enhancing device from my belt and rolled it over the ground, giving me a clear recording of what was being said on the other side of the car. "Take fire above and below expressway. Civilians threatened. I repeat, civilians threatened." It was a woman's voice, and that could only mean one thing. "I make an LZ 2300 block of Virginia Avenue. Rendez-vous, two minutes." 

I pulled the trigger and the car was blown up. And when I turned around, a figure flung itself at me, wrapping her thighs around my neck and pulling out a wire, pulling it close around my throat. I slammed myself forward and flung the woman off my neck and she collided with a car on the other side of the road.

I aimed my gun but she was quicker, tossing a small, round object at me that connected with my left arm. It was electrified and I couldn't use it. Shocks were sent through my body but it was nothing compared to what HYDRA had used on me over the years. With my human hand, I ripped the device off and it took me a few seconds before I regained control over my arm.

The woman was running away from me, but I didn't bother to run. I had a gun. She didn't. 

I raised it and pulled the trigger as soon as she entered my sight. The bullet hit her shoulder and under my mask, I grinned. 

I jumped on top of a car, startling her, but before I could fire another shot to finish her, the blond man with the shield flung himself at me. I thrust my fist toward him, but it collided with his shield. A loud clang erupted, but my fist didn't even leave a dent. How...

I didn't have time to think it through as I pulled the shield aside and kicked him square in the chest, sending him flying backwards. 

I opened fire, but he was fully hidden behind his shield and he was immune to anything coming at him. My gun ran out of bullets, so I tossed it aside and grabbed the smaller one from my back. The man sprinted around the car between us and kicked the gun from my hand, but I already had another one in my right hand that I used to fire more bullets at him.

That damned shield got in between again, and my attacks meant nothing. I had to get rid of it. 

As soon as he prepared a blow at my head, I raised my hand, grabbing the edge. After landing a punch in his face, I yanked the shield away from him. But he didn't let go, and with a flip, he was back on his feet. In that short moment that he reestablished his balance, I pulled the shield from his grip and wove my arm through the leather straps. It was lighter than I expected. 

The man sprinted toward me, and I flung the shield through the air toward him, but I missed, and it embedded itself in the grey van behind him. I pulled a long, thin dagger from the holster on my leg and twisted it in my hand. 

He reached me, and my dagger was my only hope as punch after punch was landed, on both him and me. I saw he was struggling. He grabbed my forearm and was able to land a punch on my jaw, knocking me backwards. I slammed into a car and groaned at the sharp pain in my back, but I had no time to give that any attention as a knee came at me. 

The man's knee hit me in the chest and before he could land another punch, I came back at him. He flung me over his shoulder and as I jumped back up, I wrapped my metal hand around his throat. He groaned with obvious struggle before I launched him backwards, sending him flying over the hood of a car. 

I jumped after him and propelled my fist toward his head, but he rolled away and my hand left a large dent in the asphalt. 

I glared at him as he got back up. He sent another couple of punches my way and I answered most of them with attacks of my own, but he got ahold of me again and flung me over his shoulder. I rolled over the street and as I got back up, he had taken his shield again. 

He landed the shield just behind my shoulder, pressing it into the metal. I had to bite my tongue to stop the screams from escaping as the metal pulled at my skin. 

From behind, his hand wrapped around my neck, grabbing ahold of my face. He flung me over himself and I landed on the street, realising my mask was gone. 

I turned around, facing him with a cold stare. He panted heavily as his eyes widened significantly. 

"Anna?" he breathed. 

"Who the hell is Anna?"