II • THE NIGHT OF THE COMET

Start from the beginning

"What guy?" Elena asked as she looks at the blonde.

"Some new, sexy, mysterious guy from the Grill." Caroline briefly listed out.

"We didn't see him, you did. Why didn't you just talk to him?" Bonnie asked.

Caroline replied with a sheepish smile, "I don't know. I was drunk."

Right outside of the main school building, an overly concerned Jeremy walks up to Tyler, who is with the rest of the girls from junior year as him.

"Hey, Tyler. Hey, I'm sorry to interrupt. I was just wondering how Vicki's doing, since you guys are so close. Is she okay?" Jeremy brought up even though he tried to visit her very earlier this morning at the local hospital; though the nurse won't allow him since visiting hours begins at nine sharp.

"She's fine. Now get out of here." Tyler spat.

"How bad is she? Do they know what attacked her? Is she going to make a full recovery? Was she happy to see you? What room number was she in?"

Tyler becomes fully annoyed at this point, "I'm going to kick your ass."

"Yeah, you keep saying that, but when are you actually going to do it? Huh? 'Cause I vote for right here and right now." Jeremy shoves the older guy.

Tyler snarled in irritation, "Walk away, Gilbert. It's your final warning."

"No, this is your final warning, dick. I'm sick of watching you play Vicki and Minerva. If you hurt either one of them one more time, I swear to God, I will kill you." Jeremy storms away; he meant his own deserving threatening words for the sake of his love and how much he truly cares for the Donovan girl and the decent respect he has for his sister's friendship with Minerva.

"Damn, that was like a death threat." Tyler scoffs in disbelief, unafraid by the underaged boy's ultimatum, and turns to the three junior girls beside him, "Did you hear that? Speaking of, have either of you seen Minerva?"

Meanwhile, the concerned Matt, Minerva and Elena are talking about Vicki outside on the lawn as well, though they are distant from where Tyler is.

"They're keeping her overnight to make sure there's no infection, but she should be able to come home tomorrow. Hopefully." Matt reported.

Minerva nods in understanding, "Mmhmm."

Elena reviewed, "That's good news."

"Yeah."

"Don't forget to tell Kelly." Minerva reminded him, just in case.

"Oh yeah. Did you get in touch with your mom?" Elena asked him.

Matt responded, "Called and left a message. She's in Virginia Beach with her boyfriend, so...we'll see how long it takes her to come rushing home."

"Hmm. Vicki's lucky that she's okay." His ex-girlfriend commented.

Stefan is sitting on a distant picnic table, facing away from them, revealing that he has been listening to their entire conversation with vamp-hearing.

"I know, and now there's talk of some missing campers." Matt reported.

Minerva frowns in concern at the news she's been listening to nowadays also, "Weird. Did she say what kind of animal it was that attacked her?"

"She said it was a vampire." Matt told them.

One who doesn't want to look like a deer caught in headlights for being one, Minerva gulps once and scoffs it off as something ridiculous, "What?"