Chapter 8ight

They couldn't know! I didn't tell them! OH SHIT!!!!!

I was on the verge of shifting. My eyes were changing back and forth from Grey with gold flecks to glowing gold. "I have to go," I shuttered. I sprinted really fast out the front door and into the woods in the nick of time. I shifted into my black and white tiger and fled.

The forest calmed me down very well. The birds chirping, the soft brese was cool and the smells were beautiful. Then a new sent hit my nose. It was fresh water I think. I followed the scent and found out that was right. Right in front of me was a beautiful lake witha charming waterfall.

'This will be my place,' I thought. 'To sit alone, to swim alone, to calm down alone, and to cry alone if I need to.'

I looked at the sun going down and relized that it's been about 3 hours and that I needed to go back to the cabin to make sure that my friends don't freak. I was at the edge of the forest in no time. When I threw open the dooe to the house, I was givin a crushing hug from somebody who smelled like Dirk.

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN TYLAR AND WHERE ARE YOUR CLOTHES!?!?!?"

"TYLARS BACK," people started running to us and hugging. When they were all done, Dirk said while looking at me in the eye, "I'll never understan you, Tylar. But, PLEASE! Don't ever do that ever again! Promise me."

I tore my gaze away from everybody who had become silent to hear my answer. "I can't," I whispered.

"Huh?"

I looked back at Dirk with my eyes tearing up. "I can't promise that to you. Or any of you."

"Why," Karkat growled. "Why can't you promise that to us? WHY?!?"

The tears were slipping silently down my face. "Because if I don't, I'll get you guys killed."

"No you won't," Euquis stated quietly.

I looked at him while the tears slipped out faster and faster until I was sobbing. "Y-yes I w-will."

"No," Sollux growled. "You won't. And you can't."

I spun on my heel to look at him. "YES I CAN, SOLLUX! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! ME STAYING HERE WILL DESTROY ALL OF YOU!! NO MATTER IF YOU KNOW HOW TO FIGHT, THEY CAN STILL KILL YOU! ESPECIALLY IF YOU KNOW THAT I'M A WERE-" I slapped my hand over my mouth and choked back a sob.

"Tyfur," Nepeta said carefully, "were mew gonna say werewolf?"

Before I could say anything, a deep voice said, "Her? A werewolf? You've got to be kidding me!"

We all spun around and saw a guy who was not human. He was tall, muscular, tan, and really wolf-looking. He grinned. "Do you want to know what she is? Because she sure ain't human, thats for sure."

I choked back a growl. "Who put you up to this? Who?"

"I don'y know...maybe a guy named...Shere Goth?" He smirked. "He was right. You are pretty. Too bad that I can't have you. What a shame."

Then he shifted into a wolf and lunged at us. I was thrown into a tree and went threw it. I got up quickly and froze. The guy was about to kill Karkat. The only way to save him is to shift....