So Close

[Chapter 11]

*Inside the Pentagon*

Leonard and Ray were dressed as janitors while Kendra and Sara were dressed in military outfits. Mick was in his regular attire while I was in whatever I felt I wanted to wear. Which happened to be a leather tank top that flowed to one side, NOT LIKE A DRESS, but a comfortable shirt that didn't get in the way of me kicking ass. Then I had blue jeans, open toe heels, and sunglasses, with a gun and many knifes hidden out of sight. And of course, my ring and the silver necklace with Emmy and Jay Jay's rings.

"You definitely look like someone who works in the Pentagon," Lenord snarked at my outfit.

"And..." I retort. "I'm comfortable and happy. There isn't a problem right?" I winked at Leonard, my violet eyes twinkling playfully.

"Focus. Now, the file we're after is kept in a secure records room. In order to gain access, we're going to need to, uh, borrow a magnetic key card," Rip explained through our comms unit.

"Because this is so much easier than just shrinking down and stealing it," Ray muttered annoyingly.

"Let me show you how it's done...old school," Leonard said, winking back at me as he dropped his mop, frightening a lady, who then slipped and fell. 

Leonard caught her flawlessly like Prince Charming, causing many women to swoon in that moment. I mean everyone except me of course. 

"You okay, ma'am?" Leonard asked.

"I wasn't watching where... I was going," The lady muttered flusteredly and Leonard spun her back onto her feet.

"Thank you," she added.

"Just doing my job," Leonard commented with a smirk, causing me to snort. The lady looked at me oddly and I covered up my laughing with coughing. The lady gave me multiple looks of curiosity, snarkiness, and maybe fear when she notices my eyes. 

For once I wish someone wouldn't look at me like that. The way my family used to look at me, and me at them. Maybe one day... things will be different.

Then the lady walked off, fixing herself and Leonard showed the magnetic key card to Ray. 

"That's a nifty little trick," Ray commented before Leonard predictably pulled out the ladies' wallet. 

"Really? We're trying to save the world and you're lifting wallets?" Ray asked annoyed. 

"It's called multitasking," I commented as Kendra and Sara started walking towards them and Leonard slipped one of them the key card. 

"The records room has closed-circuit cameras. We need a diversion," Rip said through the comms unit. 

"Someone call my name?" Mick said through his comms unit. "Double or nothing says I put this punk on the pinewood," Mick said to the crowd around him.

"Don't you have somewhere to be?" Ray asked me and I inwardly groan. 

"Yeah, yeah, causing the distraction. I know," I sigh and Leonard laughs at me.

"I hear Mick started an arm wrestling fight but if you can't handle losing to a bunch of men..." he started before I cut him off.

"You don't think I can beat Mick? Ho ho, watch me whip his ass," I start walking off to where a huge crowd of men had gathered and were cheering at the two figures in the middle.

I can hear the small laughter of Snart and Ray behind me but I ignore it as I push my way into the center of the crowd.

Mick shoved his opponent's hand onto the losing side of the table and stood up with his hands in the air for another victory.