Chapter 3

Back at the lab, Marvin had a delicately take apart Dish's complex neural hardware, before putting it on certain scanners.

    "Lets see what you have for secrets. Hmm?" Marvin mumbled as he began flicking through her A.I.

    The first thing X2 noticed was a strong electrical surge near her artificial hypothalamus, in simple terms she was feeling exceptional emotion for a robot, but this didn't surprise the commander, Martian technology had surpassed normal A.I., especially if Dodgers could have a robot call him friend.

    "Well, I guess this proves me wrong . . . Perhaps," He said reluctantly as he began to input certain words he believed might be associated with her engaged hypothalamus.

    "Mars?" He typed. "Loyal? Okay, how about . . . Z9? Well, mother wouldn't let me say words such as those. Okay, Tyr'Ahnee? Unworthy? That's . . . Not right, hm. . . Centurions? Lacking ambition? Sees herself superior to the average robot. Directive? Ah! Yes, to protect Mars and Queen (Though unworthy) from anyone who seeks to dethrone her, loyalty to the commander and his army above all else."

    X2 continued typing before a centurion arrived with a letter asking that Queen Tyr'Ahnee speak with him.

    "Well Counselor, we'll continue this later." He said trotting off to speak with the Queen.

    The centurion didn't, giggling he typed his centurion number in.

    "Slower than most centurions!?" Centurion 1234 said indignantly. "Well, how about I just type X2 and let him see what you think about him?"

    Sparks suddenly flew around the equipment before a message on screen read. "Will shut you down."

    "OKAY! LEAVING!" The centurion said fleeing.

    Back in the throne room, the Queen began reading from a list of centurions and personal bodyguards.

    "Ah! Commander, you've arrived." The Queen said happy to see him.

    "Yes, my Queen." He said without emotion as saluting her.

    "Yes, well, I have something to tell you," Queen Tyr'Ahnee said trying to keep positive. "with such news as our aircraft advancing us beyond a normal evolutionary position, I believe it is best to put you as . . . Well, a noble!"

    "A, promotion?" X2 said slightly taken aback.

    "Here, pick a personal bodyguard, an assistant if you will." The Queen said with a pose of pride.

    Marvin grabbed the paper with slightly lessened mood.

    "I'm a fighter though." He stated sadly.

    "Yes, but won't it be better? You'll never have to deal with Duck Dodgers ever again." She said expecting more of a thanks.

    "Why do you always bring him into . . . Are you saying you don't believe in me your highness?!" X2 said with a sudden anger that he never knew he had.

    "Well I have trusted you with defeating him, tell me, have you bested Dodgers?" The Queen said venomously, surprised at the nerve of her most loyal commander.

    "I can not be a simple nobleman, boring life, all speeches, never any battle!" X2 all but demanded.

    "I am nobility, of such high nobility that I can easily have you put in dungeons, or to death for such insolence." She threatened.

    "I'd rather die by blade in execution than waiting for it in old age my Queen!" X2 insisted.

    Queen Tyr'Ahnee eyed him for a moment, wishing nothing more then for the guards to have him taken away.

    "Perhaps you'd prefer to become a brigadier?" Queen Tyr'Ahnee said swiveling her chair around.

    "But that's a demotion!" He said shocked.

    "I have spoken," She said. "pick a lieutenant if you must, with how often you fail, you'll likely need it."

    Rage seemed to be shooting from X2's head, he only ever once considered being a noble, giving up the battle, and it shocked him to think he once wanted to be that, her king.

    "I'm sorry I've failed you, my Queen." He said without emotion.

    Leaving, he did not notice that behind the chair the Queen was beginning to sob.