chapter 2

As Marvin trotted out for a nearby bite to eat, the centurions lined up for salute, at the end was Counselor Dish.

    "Counselor, I require an invasive examination of your inner thoughts, to be certain of your loyalty to Mars." X2 stated arms crossed behind his back.

    "Yessir, shall I accompany you?" She offered kindly.

    "If you must," X2 said raising an eyebrow at the offer. "but I have instant martians on hand mind you."

    "All due respect my combat and fighting style is more than capable of handling a few instant martians." Counselor Dish found herself lightly chuckling following behind.

    "Last time maybe, but these are advanced ones, made after the little debacle last time we fought." Marvin stated confidently as he made his way for some seafood.

    "Are they the hybrid centurion ones I heard of?" Dish asked.

    "That is classified information Centurion 10000, where did you hear of that?" Marvin said eyeing her suspiciously.

    "Don't leave such info lying around." She said handing him his clipboard.

    X2 face palmed himself sighing.

    After awhile they had made it to the seafood shake, terrible shakes, but amazing seafood.

    "A shrimp sizzler with an ice water," Marvin said handing the bird martian a few dollars. "and bring the centurion a Motor melter."

    After awhile the food came in.

    "Thank you." She said at his simple gesture.

    "Well, you are my responsibility outside of the castle," X2 said simply. "my examination will take place back in the labs following our meal."

    "Very well, but I have a question or 2 of my own, if I may sir?" She said softly.

    "I will allow it, whether I answer is another matter." Marvin said taking a bite of his shrimp.

    "Well, I guess my first question is whether you realized you took a robot on a date?" Dish said giggling.

    X2 felt himself blush unexpectedly.

    "Y-you were the one who asked to come!" He spluttered.

    "I'm kidding commander!" She chuckled. "But on another note, have you ever even gone on a date?"

    "I guess even when I'm not on a date I'm a terrible date?" X2 said flustered with anger and Dish's teasing.

    "No, I just know of the Queen's mistake." She said.

    "Trying to marry Dodgers . . . Twice." He said arms crossed tightly.

    "No, not marrying you," She said with assurance. "Duck Dodgers is capable, but you are more than that."

    "Thank you." Marvin said with his arms still crossed.

    "But even so, did you and the Queen ever simply do this? Did you ever do this with anyone?" Dish asked gesturing to the place they were in.

    "I did have one dinner in her palace," Marvin said rubbing the back of his head. "when I proposed."

    "You need to get out of there more often, how long have you been in her army?" Dish poked.

    " . . . It grows late, we must return to the lab, posthaste." X2 said abruptly.

    "Oh, of course commander." She said arising from her seat.

    As Marvin got up from his own seat, Dish chose at that moment to hold the door open for him, he wouldn't admit it, but if he had a mouth, he'd be smiling at her.