Prologue

HeeJin awoke, slightly dazed and confused

HeeJin awoke, slightly dazed and confused. Her ears were painfully ringing, she could barely make out people screaming in the distance as the sound of sirens pierced the air. She could hardly open her eyes, everything was a blur.

"HeeJin!...HeeJin!"

"Are you ok? HeeJin!"

A figure hovered over her calling her name, she could feel the figure's hand tremble in panic as the figure tried to clean off HeeJin's face. The voice was a familiar one, a voice that has always comforted her, a voice that is always by her side, it could only belong to HyunJin. Her vision finally focused on her face, dirt and soot-covered HyunJin's face as blood streamed down the side of it. HeeJin finally came to her senses and realized what had happened just a few moments ago, there were gunfire and even an explosion.

Someone tried to assassinate her.

She scanned her surroundings, everything was in chaos; people scrambled to help the injured, fire and debris scattered around the intersection, bodyguards sprinted to aid HeeJin and HyunJin, she focuses back on HyunJin. HeeJin's eyes watered at the sight, a stream of tears started to roll down her face. HyunJin was injured, badly injured and in no shape to worry about her, she never wanted to see HyunJin like this and it pained her to think it was because of her.

HeeJin cried, "Why aren't you leaving?! You can't die because of me!"

HyunJin gently wiped the tears from HeeJin's face. "I'll protect your life until my last breath. As long as you live, I won't die."

~ ~ ~