Chapter Twenty-Five

Start from the beginning

     "You sound like you are describing a villain?" I said shocked.

     "What? Gods no. He is great, fair, loyal, efficient, and unbeatable. Nothing like a villain." He shook his head.

     "Obsidian Chancellor you say. I like the ring of it."

     "I like the ring of King of Dragons better."

    "Oh hush, you big snake." I lightly shoved him.

    We were on the way to the Kingdom of Dragons, and I was on Zaivinth back. I guess everything went off without a hitch in the morning meeting.

    I was looking up at the grey sky. It looked like it was about to rain. I loved the smell of rain.

    "There is this thing," Zaivinth said, cutting into the silence that was surrounding us.

    "A thing?" I raised an eyebrow no.

    "Yes a thing. I've been holding back from telling you, but it's called a mate bond."

    "A mate bond?" Isn't that we already have, a bond that connects mates.

    "Yes, it allows mates to communicate within each others minds."

     "Why have you held that from me?" I said kind of shocked.

    "Because I didn't know if you would like the idea of someone knowing what's on you're mind. You are a very reserved person, I didn't know how it would fare."

    "Does it go both ways?"

    "Yes."

    "Then I—"

    He let out a roar of pain and shifted to the side. I let out a gasp as I fell off his back. "Sheila!" He roared as he watched me fall.

    I reached out a hand for him as he swooped down to me. He caught me before I hit the ground. He set me down in front of him. He splayed his wings out, ready for an attack. That's when I saw his wings. Gods his beautiful white wings sprayed with his own red blood. Arrows, four to be exact, embedded in his left wing.

    I shifted into my wolf form and let out growls. I would not let my mate get hurt on the ground. He protected me in the air, it's my job to protect him on the ground. The ground, where I had all the advantages.

     "Oh ho, we meet again so soon." A insane laugh sounded in the woods, hidden amungst the trees. I let out a loud growl. "The king and queen of dragons. So unprotected. So venerable." He was playing with it.

    I was not vulnerable. I focused on the space between reality and the unknown. I needed to find where he was. I needed to find him before he hurt my mate again.

    "We lost you that one time sweet Shadow Wolf. That will not be the case this time."

     I felt my reality snap, and I was no longer there. But I was there. I grinned, I was in the gap. "Sheila?!" Zaivinth cried, this probably seemed like Deja Vu for him. Though this won't be like last time. I was stronger and more aware.

    I left him, circling the area. "Where did she go." Nobody could see me in this world. I stalked past people, finding the hideous man that went by Kolgrim.

    His face full of insanity was burned in my memory. I was once scared of him. I was no longer.

    Then I saw him. I was going to kill him. I ran in his direction, intentions only to kill. Get this war over with.

    Then his eyes snapped to mine.

    "Oh, there you are."

Oh run sis. Run run.

ms-oNtOlj

ms-oNtOlj.gif

Uh oh. Evil found them again.

How do you feel about Kolgrim?

Any werewolf books that I should read?

Are you worried about Sheila?