Chp. 30

Hayden

Journal Entry: 49

"You're nothing without me. You need me. Why can't you understand?"

She cried as she told me this. There was no need for her to tell me that because it was clear to me that I would never be the same now.

I was a prisoner in this house. She had me her ways. Like she always did. I wondered why father fell in love with her. She was a beauty but she was always living her life in the shadows.

Men often fell into the trap of her beauty even after father was ill. Such mindless fools.

My mother was always the center of their attention and I realized that was also what she expected from me.

But she did it in an interesting way. She hurt me. Put things in my food that would have me sick for days. But then she was an angel that cared for me at the same time.

And I needed her to take care of me. I needed those warm hands to carress me. I allowed her to touch me and look at me as she looked at father. I allowed her to do so much more. She gazed down at me in her naked figure as I laid still.

I was able to see what she showed all those men. I wondered if father knew about these things mother did.

What was she thinking? What was she doing to me? I can't have her read this. Everything will be the end then.

*

Phelia

When I opened my eyes, I was tied onto a chair facing the door. My eyes widened as I looked around myself. I tried opening my mouth but he had tied me up.

What was this all of a sudden?!

Everything was fine. He was generous with me. He touched me that way. What was all of this?

My eyes became teary, scared of what he was planning for me. I heard the creak of the stairs. He was coming down the stairs. He faced me and smiled. My eyes flickered as his fingers traced my cheeks.

I couldn't help but feel betrayed. I felt embarrassed and foolish about myself.

"Just hang in there for a bit. I'll untie you after this is over."

What is he talking about?

"There's a rat that followed us home."

What? Who?...It can't be. Connor, that man was coming.

My tears fell cause I knew what would happen. He would kill him ruthlessly just like what he did to those women.

"Mmm!"

I wanted to tell him. I didn't want another person to die here. Enough.

"Don't worry. All you have to do is just sit there and not speak a word. You can do that for me right?"

He leaned closer and kissed me on the cheeks.