Vivian's Backstory

This chapter will most likely be long but I will do my best to consolidate. Please understand that Vivian's story is not a mirror image of Harry's and thus requires much explanation. If you have any questions about Vivian that I do not answer, please comment them and I will do my best to explain. Thank you

Vivian was not at the Potter Manor on the night of the attack. Harry had just recovered from sickness and so she had been staying with Sirius so that James and Lily only had to deal with one sick child and Vivian would stay well. That night, aurors came for Sirius, thinking he had exposed the Potters. Vivian hit her head that night and gained psychic abilities because of that injury (cliché, I know but I'm working on making it less cliché).

Since the aurors took Sirius away, she had no where to go. She stayed in the empty house the rest of the night until the neighbours found her the next morning and took her to an orphanage and left her there under the name Vivian Black. She flitted around in different orphanages until she was 5. Then she ran away because of the cruelty. She lived on the streets for 3 years, compromising with some of the store owners. She would run errands for them in exchange for some of the food that was about to go bad. She still slept and otherwise lived on the streets in an alley by a bakery.

After a while, the baker died and the bakery was taken over by a woman who claimed to be the late baker's daughter. She was named Elizabeth James She had sympathy on Vivian and took her as a worker. With the little bit of money she made, Vivian was finally able to get a place to stay (a room at the Leaky Cauldron). Vivian's letter came to her while she was at work, revealing that she indeed was the missing Potter.

First year through third year: Vivian instantly stood out from the instant McGonagall called her name. Only a few weeks in, she met a fifth year named Alastair Smith. They instantly hit it off and started dating. Of course, people thought it was awful and gross for her to be dating someone four years older than her (think high school). Their relationship was slightly controlling but Vivian was in love so it never bothered her. Third year, she knew Sirius was innocent and tried to convince Harry. Needless to say, it didn't work. After third year, Alastair graduated and never contacted her again until much much later.

Fourth year: She became friends with Cedric at the Quidditch World Cup then, after much deliberation and persuasion, she started dating him after the Yule Ball. Of course, she was devastated when he died and sided with Harry in saying Voldemort was alive. This summer, Elizabeth James was revealed not to be Elizabeth James but rather to be Vivian's aunt, Sirius's ex-girlfriend, Rebecca Potter. Vivian and Rebecca got in a fight because Vivian was angry that Rebecca had never revealed herself as her aunt.

Fifth year: Vivian, of course, got in loads of trouble with Umbridge. And helped her brother with DA. She was still very very emotional about Cedric's death and avoided most people. Fred didn't let her avoid him. They had been friends since first year but now he was determined to not let her avoid him and was determined to cheer her up. And he spent most of the year trying to do so. They started dating. This year, she revealed her psychic powers which made a lot of people hate her. When Fred and George left, she was upset but was okay with it. That summer, Rebecca didn't pick Vivian up from the train station like usual. Vivian went immediately to the bakery only to find that Rebecca had committed suicide because of Sirius's death. Vivian was distraught and nearly killed herself from the loads of recent grief. Fred came in at the last second and coaxed her out of it, convincing her to come spend the summer with him and his family so he could make sure nothing happened.

Sixth year: Nothing truly noteworthy happened this year besides a lot of exhaustion and Dumbledore's death. Vivian knew from the start that Snape didn't want to kill Dumbledore. This year, she also made friends with Draco, trying to offer him a way out of his task. He refused to accept her offer, but it started the friendship and understanding between them.

Seventh Year: Vivian and Fred got engaged the night of Bill and Fleurs wedding but kept it relatively secret. That night, when the death eaters attacked the wedding, Vivian allowed herself to be captured so she could spy for Harry. She went through a few rounds of torture before offering herself to become a death eater so she could 'help' then with her psychic abilities and connection to Harry. Her and Draco became closer friends though Draco began to hit on her. After the war, Vivian was barely hanging into sanity and fled to America. There, her ex-boyfriend offered her a job with the Department of Mysteries.

The story picks up 18 years after the war after Vivian has moved back to England to see her nieces and nephews off to Hogwarts. She has only been back for the summer months and lives in a small cottage in the woods to get away from people and the memories that still plague her.