Chapter 1: Why Am I Still Alive

Third Person POV 

It's been 2 weeks since Y/N lost his team. Chris. Tony. Sarah. The only one that made it out alive. Right now, Y/N was sitting in a wheel chair in front of Ozpin in his office. 

Ozpin: Y/N. The doctor said you're paralyze from the waist down. Because of your current condition, I'm allowing you to do your work in your dorm. Until further notice, this will be how things will do for now. 
He said to the paralyzed student. 

Y/N didn't say anything but look at him, with his dulled E/C eyes. 

Ozpin: Goodwitch. Can you please escort Mr L/N to his room. 

Y/N: I can manage. 
He said as he exit the room, leaving the two professors in the room. 

Goodwitch: You sure about him staying here? 
She asked. 

Ozpin: This is my fault. Only if we were able to rescue them in time. 
He blamed himself. 

Goodwitch: I'll go tell one of the girls to watch over him.
She said before walking out of the room. 

Ozpin stood as he stared out the window, overlooking the many students. He grabbed his scroll and a hologram slowly formed in front of him. In front of was the records of the different students attending Beacon Academy. He looked to the side and saw Y/N's team. Ozpin changed the status of the three as Y/N's status remained the same. 

Ozpin: I'm sorry. 
He said with a sorrowful tone before slamming the scroll onto the table. 

To Y/N 

Y/N was strolling throughout the campus as the wind blew through his hair. As he strolled through the campus, he heard a female voice. 

???: Y/N. 

Y/N looked for whoever that was talking to him. As he looked, he saw team RWBY and JNPR looking at him. 

Ruby: Are you okay? 
She asked with worry in her voice. 

Y/N didn't answer as he strolled away from her. Before he could get far, Jaune stepped in front of him. 

Jaune: Hey. Hey we just want to talk. We're worried about you. 
He told him. 

Y/N: I'm fine. 
He said as he strolled away from the two teams. 

Y/N strolled away as the two teams looked at him with worry. 

Ruby: We should go to talk to him. 

???: That won't be necessary. 

The two teams looked behind them and saw Goodwitch walking towards them. 

RWBY: Professor Goodwitch. 

Goodwitch: I'm sure you all just saw Mr L/N's condition.

The two teams nodded. 

Goodwitch: Ozpin just stated that he'll be no longer attending class.

 Ruby: HE GETTING KICK OUT!? 

Goodwitch: Ms Rose. Please. As I was saying, Mr L/N will no longer be in the class until his condition is somehow solved. 

Yang: How long will he like that? 
She asked the professor. 

Goodwitch: I don't know. 

Intercom: Team RWBY, JNPR, and CFVY. Come to Ozpin's office. 

Y/N's POV 

I strolled throughout the campus as I thought of them. 

"It's my fault." 
I blamed myself. 

I couldn't protect my team. Let alone my friends. 

"I shouldn't be alive." 

I continued strolling through the campus as I felt the breeze hit my skin. I felt her sword laying against my legs as I slowly looked up. As I looked up, I saw a tree where my team and I were always at. I looked at the tree and saw them once again. I saw Sarah, Chris, and Tony wrapping their arms around each other's shoulders as they looked at me. I saw them smiling as I saw my younger self between Sarah and Chris. I felt myself struggle to hold myself together as I remembered. Everything from that day. 

"I'm so sorry."
I said as I held onto her sword. 

I looked down as I saw her sword in my hands. Sarah's sword. 

"The only thing I have of her." 

"Only if I was able to save her." 
I blamed myself. 

I held onto the sword as I felt tears running down my face 

"I-I'm sorry." 

To RWBY 

Weiss: So you're asking us to watch over Y/N since he is unable to be a huntsman? 

Ozpin: That is correct Ms Schnee. 

Ruby: But I thought you get kicked out? 

Ozpin: That is the statement. Yet he's only like this because of me. 

Blake: What do you mean? 

Ozpin: When I got the details of the mission, there wasn't a lot of Grimm. Just a few. Like the usual grimm extermination. However....

Velvet: W-What happened? 

Ozpin: Turned out the area had a lot more grimm than the file provided for me. And then-

Blake: His team and his condition. 

Ozpin: Correct. 

Pyrrha: So why are we here? 

Ozpin: I need you all to look after him. He's in a hard place right now 

Ruby: We'll do it. Right guys? 

Everyone except Ozpin: Yeah. 

Ozpin: Alright. Then it is settled. 

The three teams walked out of the office as they all looked at each other. 

Ruby: Let's go help Y/N. 
She said to her friends. 

The three teams nodded and walked out of the building, hoping to find Y/N. The three teams walked throughout the campus until they eventually found Y/N standing in front of a tree. 

Ruby: Y/N! 
She called out to him. 

Y/N slowly turned his head to face the three teams but gasped as they looked at him. There they saw tears coming down his cheeks. 

Y/N: What. 

Ruby: We're here to talk to you. 

Y/N: Why would you want to talk to me? I got my team killed. 
He said as he strolled away. 

Ruby: Come on Y/N. Let's hang out. 
She said as she stopped him from strolling away. 

Y/N: No. 
He said as he tried to stroll away, only to be stopped once again. 

Blake: Y/N Please. We just want to help you. 

RWBY: Because we care about you. 

Y/N: Fine. 

Here is chapter 1 of We Love You Still! Hope you all enjoyed this chapter! What do you all think so far? 

What do you all think should happen next?