- bloody white

What does a heart attack feel like?

I swear I'm working up to one. My heart is beating so hard I fear my chest might break. My lungs are like stone and I feel like I can't take a deep breath. My legs are shaking uncontrollably, my skin is melting.

I feel like I'm dying. But I'm walking.

With every step I feel another sharp pain in my chest. I'm finally getting to the edge of the woods.

Among the bushes, I see a white fluff.
Could that be Missy?

My feet start to pick up speed, my heart blasting and my breath nearly out. I propel myself after the fluff as it darts through the bushes and deeper into the woods.

As I get further in, I stop, realizing that I'm never going to catch the cat and I'm very deep into the forest now.

Then, I hear a snap.
Not the snap of a twig, but the clamp of metal and a crunch.

Oh, god... please don't let it be...

I take a few more steps, my legs falling weak to this traumatic pressure.

"Oh, God..."

Behind a stump lies a metal trap. It's teeth clamped tightly around the small body. White hair now drenched in a bright piercing red that reaches further with every second. The trap completely cut through it; bones snapped, guts mashed and blood pooled.

But it's not a cat. It's not Missy.

It's a hare.

A white hare cut in half by the lethal trap.

But I think what's even more terrifying than the carcass in front of me, is the sounds coming from the ground beneath me.