7. Fire messages and movies

Start from the beginning

Suddenly Catarina, remembered something she had had to tell Magnus, days ago. She had forgotten about it, after she had found Magnus and Alec asleep on the sofa, together, some days ago.

"Magnus, I forgot to tell, you..." She started.

Magnus and Alec turned their heads to her, Magnus looking at her in the eyes, but Alec listening her while looking at Chairman Meow, who was in her arms.

"Tomorrow, there's a Downworld Cabinet Meeting, in the morning." She ended.

"What?!" Half shouted Magnus, making Alec flinch, involuntarily.

Catarina saw that, but Magnus didn't, since Alec was behind him.

"The... The Clave hasn't called me!" Continued Magnus.

"I know, I know. They called me because you weren't picking any of the calls from the Clave, and they asked me to tell you, first of all, about the meeting, and then, to check your phone more often." Explained Catarina.

Magnus frowned and snapped his fingers, summoning his phone immediately. He turned it on, and saw 15 missed calls from the Clave.

"Why didn't they just send a fire message? It would've been easier." He asked confused, still looking at his phone, amazed.

"They've also done that, but I don't know if you remember that your wards are too strong for a fire message to enter."

"Oh..." Magnus turned off his phone, and looked at the blue-skinned Warlock.

"So tomorrow... There's a meeting?"

She nodded.

Magnus sighed. He couldn't leave Alec alone.

"I'm going. You need to stay with him. I already told you I would be going to any of the meetings you needed me to go. It's not a problem."

Magnus already knew that, but he let himself breathe a bit more relieved, that he didn't have to leave the blue-eyed Shadowhunter.

Catarina opened her mouth to say something else, but she was cut off, when suddenly, Magnus caught a fire message that had suddenly entered in the room.

Magnus looked at it, and saw it was a fire message from the Clave. He frowned.

"Didn't you just tell me fire messages can't enter because of my strong wards?" He asked Catarina, reading the fire message.

"Maybe it entered because you kind of lost control on yourself. I mean, your Glamour faded, so maybe the wards got a bit weak too, and this fire message made it to enter..." Catarina said, while Magnus read the fire message.

It said that there was going to be a Downworld Cabinet Meeting... In half an hour.

"Catarina," he just said, frowning, and gave her the fire message.

She took it, and frowned too. "What...?" She said. "The meeting was supposed to be tomorrow..." Catarina added.

"I don't know..." Magnus said, shrugging, when she looked at him, as if Magnus would know why the Clave had changed the date of the meeting. "I didn't even know there was a meeting, Catarina. I have no idea why they decided to change the date." He said.

Catarina took a deep breath, "Well, doesn't matter. Thank God it's in half an hour..." she muttered.

"Is there something else you wanted to tell me?" Magnus asked, wanting to get all the Clave stuff done, so he could forget about it.

Catarina opened her mouth, about to say something, but she closed it again, and shook her head.

"No, nothing more. Just that I'm going to this meeting..." she said, as she moved her hands, creating a Portal behind her. "I'll probably come after the meeting." She added, right before she turned and walked through the Portal.